What is a Building Supervisor?
Building Supervisors are an integral part of the University and can provide font-line contact for questions about their buildings, even though buildings may be occupied by more than one administrative unit.
The network is also intended to maintain an effective and reliable single point-of-contact for communications regarding building access, security issues, and facilities issues between Facilities Management, University Police, building users and/or occupants.
Responsibilities of Building Supervisors may involve assisting Facilities Management departments by:
- Attending Quarterly Building Supervisors Meetings hosted by Facilities Management.
- Communicating and disseminating information between FM and building users for a broad range of activities that may affect a building and/or its users.
- Coordinating Building Access issues.
- Coordinating maintenance work, utility outages, renovation work, project planning, etc., to minimize the disruption of classes or scheduled events that may be taking place in a particular building.
- Providing assistance by requesting repairs or submitting work orders to the FM Service Center.
- Identifying repetitive problems and reducing duplicate work/service request.
Building Supervisors are also an integral part of the University's fire safety and prevention program.