The Service Center is responsible for evaluating each event request, determining the various entities that will be affected by the activity and getting feedback and/or approval from those affected, interpreting policies and procedures for customers, approving requests, and following up on each activity. The primary objective is to help customers have a successful event that is safe for all participants and protects University property.
The Event Request Form can be used by the university community to initiate this process.
NOTE: All event requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event for review and approval! Please allow 5 business days for the Committee to review and comment on the event.
Events are defined as and may include or meet the following criteria:
A scheduled activity open for the public to attend or participate including but not limited to exhibitions, expositions, fairs, festivals, entertainment, cause-related, fundraising, leisure activity. An activity that is advertised to the public by any communication means including social media that is not limited to the USF community is considered an event. An event may be a one-time or periodic, free or ticketed, educational, charitable or communication related hosted to attract revenue, support, awareness, and/or provide entertainment created by and/or for the public that will require review to ensure appropriate allocation of university business, resources, and personnel as required for the safe operation and mission of the university.
- outdoor events including walks, races, parades, concerts, etc.
- potential for presence of press/media (invited or otherwise)
- advertised beyond USF’s campus
- potential for high attendance/capacity
- presence of alcohol
- potential for significant disruption
- security concerns on the part of the recognized student group, advisers, or guest
- potential significant impacts to parking
What You Need To Know
- Review the Event Safety Manual.
- Events may not be advertised prior to event approval.
- Should your Event require table and/or chair rental, custodial services or disposable trash receptacles, please complete a paying work request referencing the name and date of your event.
- Include set up and clean up times (needed to ensure arrangements can be made to pick up tables/chairs/trashcans and clean the area).
- The Service Center does not assist with room, space, or venue reservations. Scheduling and securing space is the responsibility of the event organizer. Please include a rain site location.
- We ask that event request be submitted at least 30 days prior to event for review and approval. To avoid delays, please complete the Event Request in its entirety. Provide all relevant event details and include any additional information for consideration.
- The Service Center will do its best to accommodate event requests that are made with less than five (5) working days notice. However; we cannot guarantee approval of the event, nor the availability of tables, chairs, trash cans, etc.
- In the event of damages or other costs directly related to the execution of this event (i.e., clean up, etc.) the applicant agrees to be responsible for any and all charges; otherwise, a security deposit as specified by Facilities Management will be required.
If Your Event Is Denied
Our goal is to ensure a successful event that is safe for all participants and protects University property. If your event request is denied, we will make every effort to work with you toward reaching an acceptable alternative so your event may continue. Having an event that has not been approved or has been denied places responsibility for personal and property liability on the event organizer.