Emergency Notification System Test - Wednesday, June 29th @ 11:00 a.m.
A test of USF's Emergency Notification Systems at the Tampa and St. Petersburg locations will be conducted on Wednesday, June 29th, at 11 a.m. (USF Sarasota-Manatee will test their system in July.)
The test message will be sent via the following emergency communication channels:
- MoBull Messenger on USF Tampa and St. Petersburg Campuses (text messaging).
- Digital displays across the Tampa Campus.
- www.usf.edu and www.usfsp.edu
- Desktop Alerts on the Tampa Campus (includes faculty/staff computers and classrooms and labs where computers are maintained by USF IT and USF Health IS. Note: The desktop alert must be manually installed on USF-owned Macs purchased prior to summer 2014 or Macs not managed by USF IT. Mac owners can submit a request to have the software installed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The exterior public announcement system on the Tampa Campus (loudspeakers and strobe lights are intended for outside areas, NOT to reach inside buildings or facilities).
It is anticipated the testing will take less than five minutes and no significant disruption in campus activities is expected. All systems will state that the activation is only a test. To dismiss the alert on your desktop, click on the "Acknowledge" button at the bottom of the screen and you will be able to continue your work.
Special Note: In order to better streamline information, USF will no longer issue Tampa-specific text messages system-wide. Instead, these messages will only be received by faculty, staff, and students who have elected to receive Tampa alerts. It is recommended that participants register for all locations where they conduct University business or attend classes.
USF system faculty, staff, and students may verify enrollment in MoBull, update campuses preferences, and update their contact information by following these instructions:
- Go to NetID Account Services website, login using your NetID
- Click Update Emergency Notification Settings
- Following instructions to opt in, provide mobile phone number, and select campus locations for alerts.
- Click Submit
Faculty and students please note: Most technology classrooms and open use computer labs (i.e., Library computers) have been installed with the new desktop alert system. The emergency alert will appear on computers and projection screens in use during the test and/or an actual emergency. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jen Fleischman, Emergency & Safety Manager, email@example.com, 974-4036.
Per the requirements of 62-550.824 of the Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.), the University of South Florida (PWS ID# 6291882) 2015 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report, describing the source and quality of drinking water on the Tampa campus, is available.
If you have any questions regarding the information in the report, please contact USF Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) at (813) 974-4036.