Parkmobile Pay by Cell FAQ's
Advantages of Parkmobile Pay by Cell?
- Parkmobile provides a mobile payment service, including help support.
- Pay for parking via a smart phone app, toll free number, or the web.
- No need to stop at a pay station.
- No credit card necessary after you complete your account set up.
- No coins/cash needed.
- Parkmobile can send reminders by text message so you can extend your parking time from your cell phone.
- Use your account wherever Parkmobile Pay by Cell service is offered.
How do I set up my account with Parkmobile?
- You can visit the Parkmobile website, Download the mobile app, or call the toll-free number on the green Parkmobile sign (1-877-727-5714) to register for a Parkmobile account; you will need your license plate number and a method of payment. Note: USF Parking and Transportation Services only accepts MasterCard, Visa or Discover.
- When you park in a space, use the Parkmobile smartphone app to access your account, or call the toll-free number on the sign (1-877-727-5714).
- Key in your zone number located on the sign. Note: this number is different for every parking lot. You can add your frequently used zones as "Favorite Zones" in your Parkmobile account.
- You can select an option to have Parkmobile send a text message 15 minutes prior to the expiration of your parking transaction.
I don't have a smartphone. How can I start a parking transaction?
Call the toll-free number posted on the green Parkmobile sign. The toll free number for Parkmobile at the University of South Florida is 1-877-727-5714.
Where can I park and use pay by cell?
In various parking lots on campus. Check the map for Hourly Parking locations, and look for the green Parkmobile signs.
Can I reserve a space or pre-pay for parking using Parkmobile?
No. All transactions are real-time. You should be parked in the space before you begin your parking transaction.
There's a sign in the parking lot that says I need to display a paper receipt on my
dashboard or I will be fined! What do I do?
Some lots are shared with pay-and-display areas. You can choose to pay the meter and display your receipt, or pay using Parkmobile for a specific space number (pay by space). Using Parkmobile means you don't need to walk back to your car to leave a receipt on your dash.
How long can I park in the Parkmobile zone?
It depends on the parking restrictions of the lot. Parking can be purchased in half hour increments up to the maximum time limit for that particular zone. Your parking transaction will continue until you have reached the maximum time limit for which you have paid.
Can I move from zone to zone?
No. Your parking transaction is for a specific Parkmobile zone. If you move to another zone, you will have to pay again.
Do I need to enter a space number?
Yes. You will need to enter the Parkmobile zone and the space number where you have parked.
How does the parking officer know I've paid?
When you use the mobile app or call to start the parking session, you key in a zone number. Parkmobile's system recognizes your cell phone number, connects it to your space number and activates your parking in that specific zone. The USF parking officer verifies your parking session by matching the space number to the zone number.
What happens if I receive a parking citation when using Parkmobile?
Review the copy of your Pay by Cell receipt to ensure the space number and time for which you paid matches the space where your vehicle was parked and is within the time indicated on your citation. If you paid for the wrong space number or if your time was expired, pay the citation or you may follow the instructions on the citation to file an online appeal. If the space and time paid match the information on the citation, provide your citation number and a copy of the Pay by Cell payment receipt to the parking office via email to email@example.com, or in person at 13311 USF Plum Drive (intersection of USF Plum and USF West Holly Drives) or 11711 USF Leroy Collins Blvd (corner USF Leroy Collins Blvd and E. Fowler Ave).
How much does it cost to pay for parking by phone?
The parking rate is $0.75 per half hour plus 7% sales tax. All transactions are charged a $0.35 convenience fee.
How much does it cost to receive a reminder text?
There is no additional charge for the service (unless your cell provider charges for text messages); however, you will be charged a $0.35 convenience fee if you choose to pay to extend your parking transaction.
Do I get a receipt?
You can go online to your Parkmobile personal page anytime to make changes to your account, review parking charges, print parking transactions and receipts, or export data to another format.
Can I get a refund?
Parkmobile does not issue refunds for parking transactions. Parking and Transportation Services cannot issue refunds for Parkmobile transactions.
Is it safe to do a credit card transaction on a cellular phone like this?
Yes. Your credit card number is encrypted when you sign up and is never entered, displayed, or spoken during a phone transaction.