How We Make Decisions
Academic Success Predictors
Our data indicates that applicants meeting certain criteria are more likely to be successful at the University of South Florida, particularly in the freshman year. You are encouraged to use these predictors as a guideline to prepare for college-level work, not just for gaining admission to USF. When we review your application for admission, we will reward you for each academic success predictor below that you demonstrate:
- AP, IB or AICE coursework (3 or more courses)
- One or more math courses at the Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or higher math level.
- Three or more natural science courses (two with lab)
- Additional foreign language course(s) beyond two sequential years of the same language
- An SAT Writing score of at least 550 or ACT English/Writing score of at least 24
- College level dual enrollment coursework (2 or more courses)
- A postsecondary GPA of 3.0 or higher in all dual enrollment coursework attempted
These predictors, coupled with your GPA, test scores and other potential admission factors are integral to USF's evaluative process for freshman admissions.