If you have earned a GED diploma, you will be considered based on the following criteria:
- A minimum overall score of 2500 or higher, and a minimum standard score of at least 500 on each of the five GED subtests
- An official SAT or ACT score (including SAT essay or ACT writing)
- A personal statement and/or essay is encouraged
- A high school transcript with secondary coursework completed before earning the GED may be requested
- Other admission factors may also be considered, if applicable
NOTE: Simply meeting minimum GED requirements does not guarantee admission. Many GED recipients are encouraged to earn the Associate in Arts degree at a public Florida community college prior to transferring to USF.