Why Choose USF?
Great Location & Weather
With a climate that averages 244 days of sunshine per year and average temperatures between 70-90 degrees, Tampa, Florida, is the ideal home away from home. But USF's location offers more than just warm weather. Here are just a few of the many cultural and recreational amenities available to USF students.
- Spectacular Beaches. Three of the country's top 10 beaches are within minutes of Tampa.
- Historic Ybor City. An area of Tampa that reflects Cuban, Spanish and Italian history, Ybor offers live entertainment, outdoor cafes and great ethnic restaurants.
- Vibrant Music Scene. Tampa is known for its diverse music scene featuring everything from thrash metal to jazz.
- Three Professional Sports Teams. The Buccaneers, Rays and Lightning all call Tampa Bay home.Exciting Entertainment Options. Busch Gardens, the Tampa Museum of Art, the Museum of Science and Industry, The Florida Aquarium, and Lowry Park Zoo are within minutes of campus.
- Channelside District. The entertainment center of the waterfront, Channelside has live music every weekend and excellent shopping and restaurants.
- Restaurant Row. Extending roughly from Bayshore to Kennedy Boulevands, this stretch of 35 independent eateries on South Howard Avenue offers everything from Cuban to French cuisine.USF students also have access to the rich professional resources afforded by the University's location in a bustling metropolitan area.
- Degree-Enhancing Internships. USF has built internship partnerships with a number of Tampa businesses and organizations ranging from JPMorgan Chase to Tampa General Hospital.
- Thriving Business Climate. The city has been ranked by Forbes Magazine as "15th Best in the Nation for Business and Careers," and is located in 12th largest media market in the U.S. More than 600 employers visit USF each year.
- Diverse Population. Tampa is recognized by the U.S. Census Bureau as one of the top five most diverse and integrated urban areas in the country.High-Tech Opportunities. Tampa houses 60 percent of Florida's high-technology corridor.
- Creative Communities. Tampa is among America's 25 Best Cities where creative people thrive according to Kiplinger's Personal Finance.