Admitted Student Checklist

Visa Documents

Documentation of available funds for a full academic year or two semesters, including tuition, fees, and living expenses is required before the University of South Florida can issue you an I-20 or DS-2019. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your financial documents during the application process. If you do not, your application will still be processed, but your I-20 or DS-2019 will not be issued until you have provided sufficient evidence of financial support.

If you have already been admitted to a degree program at USF, read the information below and then go to iStart to upload your documents now.

Criteria for Financial Documentation

When gathering your financial documentation to upload, please keep the following items in mind:

Although proof of funding is required for only the first year, you are expected to fund your studies for the duration of your program. When adding up your expenses, remember that you should not look to employment as a means of support. Not only do you need authorization before you can start a job, you are limited in the number of hours you can work.

Acceptable Proof of Financial Support

Unacceptable Financial Documents

If the award from your government, sponsor, home institution, employer, or USF does not completely cover your incurred costs, you will be responsible for all additional expenses associated with your stay in the United States.

Information about Personal or Family Funding

If full or partial funding is coming from personal sources (e.g.: family or friends), each person who will provide your financial support must:

Bank statements must be in English or include an official English translation. The name of the account holder, date of the statement, the amount of available funds, and the type of currency should be on the statement.

Information about Financial Support from a Sponsoring Agency, Government, or Non-USF Source

If you will be receiving support from a scholarship agency, government, home institution, or employer, you will need to provide an official scholarship/award letter which explains the terms and the amounts of the award in U.S. dollar amounts. The letter must contain:

All documentation should be dated less than 12 months before the time you intend to enroll.