FAQs, Forms, & Useful Links

Current Student Questions

Now that you're here and have many resources available to you, you may still not be clear about where to turn for answers. These answers are designed to facilitate your transition to the USF community in a smooth way. Good luck and come visit us in the Office of International Admissions!

Q: What do I need to do if I want to travel outside the U.S.?

A: If you intend to travel outside of the United States, please make sure to do the following:

Q: What does it mean to be full-time?

A: For graduate students, you must be enrolled in 9 or more graduate credit hours.

Q: How can I obtain proof of enrollment?

A: The National Student Clearinghouse is USF's authorized agent for providing proof of enrollment.

Current students may request proof of enrollment at USF or a Good Student Discount certificate for their insurance company by logging into myUSF with their NetID and password and selecting Proof of Enrollment under the column marked Academics.

Please note that proof of enrollment is not available for the current term until the second week of classes.

The following, per student type, illustrates the hours of enrollment necessary to prove Full, Half and Less than Haf time status:

Students with a unique need for enrollment verification to a third party; e.g. any lender or loan servicer form requiring direct completion by USF personnel must submit the form with a Proof of Enrollment Coversheet to their USF home campus Registration & Records office or the University Registrar's Office on Tampa campus. Any unique requests will require at least 3 to 5 business days to process.

Alumni who need proof of USF enrollment or verification of a USF degree earned must request an official USF transcript by logging into OASIS.

Q: Why do I have a registration hold?

A: If your admission was provisional, pending the receipt of missing application materials (such as final or official transcripts or test scores), you must provide these documents upon arrival or no later than the end of the first semester of enrollment. Failure to submit the necessary materials results in a registration hold for your second semester of study.

Transcripts must be official, with a full and professional English translation of the document, and must show the awarding of the degree earned. Test Scores must be submitted to USF directly from the testing service.

Q: How can I find a job on campus?

A: There are many places on campus that offer employment opportunities. Some places to look for employment are:

NOTE: For a job to be considered to be "on campus" you must receive a USF generated paycheck or the on-campus location must offer essential services to students, such as the SunDome or the USF Barnes & Noble.