Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance for International Students includes tuition and fees, health insurance, housing, books, and other living expenses. As an international student, you are required to show that you have the funds to support yourself for an entire year before you can get a student visa. To help you as you gather your financial documentation, we have put together the following list of estimated costs.
When reviewing the estimates below, please remember:
- Additional costs may be assessed depending on your course of study.
- All international students are required to have health insurance for themselves and their families. Learn more about the health insurance and immunization requirements at USF.
- Tuition and fees are assessed according to the student's Florida residency classification. Most international students are classified as Non-Florida Residents and pay Out-of-State Tuition. For more information on Florida residency classification, please visit the Florida Residency Classification for Non-U.S. Citizens page.
- Actual costs of housing are dependent on the type of on-campus or off-campus housing selected. Visit Housing & Residence Education for more information on living on campus at USF.
All figures below are estimates based on the university's published tuition rates and are subject to increase without notice. Annual increases in tuition and fees are anticipated; therefore, it is suggested that an additional 10% be added to these totals to safeguard against increases.
2016-17 Cost of Attendance
FOR INTERNATIONAL UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS (Bachelor's)
|Out-of-State Undergraduate||In-State Undergraduate*|
|Tuition & Fees (based on 30 credits - 15 credits per semester)||$17,324||$6,410|
|Books & Supplies||$1,000||$1,000|
|Housing & Meals||$9,400||$9,400|
|Other personal expenses (general living expenses)||$4,100||$4,100|
* Only use the in-state estimate if your official USF admission letter states that you are classified as a Florida resident or your scholarship from a Florida state agency qualifies you as a temporary Florida resident for tuition purposes.
Methods of Payment
Payment to the University is made via online credit/debit card or eCheck in your OASIS account, via postal mail by check or money order, or in person by check or cash. For complete details go to the University Controller's Office page.
If your bill is to be paid by an outside agency (government sponsor or other third party sponsor), be sure your scholarship agency notifies the University in advance by letter stating the amount and length of time of the award and whom to bill for tuition. Keep the original copy in case the immigration officer at the port-of-entry or the University Cashier's Office requests it.