USF is Globally Focused
USF's global focus means we are passionate about helping to solve some of the world's most pervasive problems. We celebrate diversity. And we take pride in our university's international flavor, created by the culturally diverse students, faculty and research partners who converge here from around the globe.
- In 2013-2014, 36 percent of USF Tampa's freshman class was Black, Asian, Hispanic
or Native American, while another 6 percent were international students. USF continues
to be home to scholars from every state in the U.S. and more than 125 countries around
- USF has active collaborative agreements in more than 55 countries, laying the foundation
for the development of enriching international educational and research experiences
for both faculty and students.
- USF sponsors a number of international centers and institutes, including the Africa
Initiatives Group, the Confucius Institute, the Institute for the Study of Latin America
and the Caribbean, Center for India Studies, Florida Linkage Institutes and the Institute
of Black Life.
- Education Abroad offers a variety of study abroad opportunities for students and faculty
in over 25 countries, including semester exchanges, dual degree programs, summer and
short-term programs, international internships, and service learning. Read about our
students' experiences on the Going Places blog.
- USF has long been a supporter of the Peace Corps program; the first individual from
USF to serve in the Peace Corps took the oath in 1962 and served in Sierra Leone.
Since then more than 350 USF alumni have served in countries around the globe.
- Our annual International Week, held each spring, is a festive, week-long celebration of cultural diversity, including events such as soccer tournaments, film festivals, dance performances and a "Showcase of Flags."