Second Bachelor's Degree RequirementsThe University of South Florida affords students seeking their first bachelor's degree priority in the registration process. Second bachelor's degree applicants may find it difficult to secure courses in the proper sequence for a timely graduation.
Applicants for a second bachelor's degree, including applicants who earned a bachelor's degree at USF, are required to have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher and meet the minimum GPA required for a selective program of study.
NOTE: If your intent is to meet prerequisites or to raise your postsecondary GPA for graduate or professional school, you should apply as a non-degree seeking applicant, not for a second bachelor's degree.
You will need to submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Application for admission
- Non-refundable $30 application fee
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended*
- Any college or university work that was completed at a non-U.S. institution must be submitted along with a course-by-course Foreign Credential Evaluation from a Credential Evaluation Service.
- Official IELTS or TOEFL scores, if applicable
- Personal statement indicating the reasons why the student wishes to attempt a second bachelor's degree at USF rather than pursing a graduate degree. Second bachelor's degree applicants are expected to take only those courses necessary to complete a degree within three terms.
Please note: Applicants will be charged double the tuition rate for each credit hour beyond 132 (for students in a 120-hour degree program) or 110 percent in excess of the hours required. Additionally, applicants who have attempted 180 credit hours are no longer eligible for financial aid as an undergraduate applicant (including federal student loans).
All documents should be sent to: Office of Admissions 4202 East Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036, Tampa, FL 33620.
* If you completed coursework at USF, it is not necessary to submit official copies of your USF transcript.