Dean's Student Leadership Society (DSLS)
How to Apply
Connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DSLSatUSF.
We strongly encourage you to attend one of our information sessions so that you can learn more about this organization and the application process. This is a time for all applicants to ask any questions they have about what it takes to be a DSLS member.
Fall 2017 Recruitment Forum: Sept. 26 and Sept. 27 from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in ISA 5020. Light refreshments will be served.
To apply, you will need to submit your application packet by Friday, Oct. 20 at 4:30 p.m. to CPR 107. Applications are available online or in CPR 107. A recommendation form must be completed by a CAS or USF professor, teaching assistant or staff member. Up to three recommendations may be submitted. Recommendation forms are available online or in CPR 107.
Application Packet Order of Documents
- Your Fall 2017 and estimated Spring 2018 class schedules
- 250-word essay: Describe a specific activity or organization in which you were directly involved as an activist or leader. What challenges did you face, how did you resolve them, and what did you learn about yourself in the process?
- 50-word statement: Why do you want to be part of the Dean's Student Leadership Society?
- Recommendation: A recommendation form available online or in CPR 107 must be completed by a CAS or USF professor, teaching assistant or staff member. Up to three recommendations may be included. The completed form must be in a signed, sealed envelope. The sealed form can be returned to CPR 107 (attn: Michele Dye) or the sealed envelope can be included in your application packet.
- Peer recommendation: A letter of support from a peer who can attest to your leadership abilities and give specific examples. The letter must be in a signed, sealed envelope. The sealed letter can be returned to CPR 107 (attn: Michele Dye) or the sealed envelope can be included in your application packet.
Place all required documents in a manila envelope. The documents must be in the order as specified above. Please write your name legibly on the envelope.
Applications Applications available: Friday, Sept. 1.
Applications due: Friday, Oct. 20 at 4:30 p.m.
Round 1: Friday, Oct. 27 at 4 p.m.
Round 2: Oct. 30-Nov. 3
Round 3: Wednesday, Nov. 8 from 5-6 p.m.
DSLS Induction Ceremony: Friday, Dec. 1 at 7 p.m.
DSLS Retreat: Saturday, Dec. 2 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.