Master of Urban & Regional Planning (MURP)
The Master of Urban and Regional Planning program is taught in one of Florida's most dynamic urban areas at one of the nation's top 50 public research universities. Join us!
Planning isn't one-size-fits-all, and our program reflects that. At USF, you can become a contemporary urban planner by researching innovative approaches and developing solutions that work in a global society. The interdisciplinary curriculum allows you to create an individualized course of study tailored to fit the demands of today's urban planners.
Tampa Bay: Teaching in Context
Tampa is the center of Florida's population growth: our diverse, dynamic urban setting provides an exceptional context for becoming a planner. USF works closely with professionals across the region, via networking and internships, so you can be involved in developing our vibrant urban area.
Creating Your Future
These close relationships with Tampa Bay's professional community contributes to a 100% job placement rate for USF MURP graduates. MURP alumni have gone on to careers with Tampa Bay area local governments or planning consultants including the Hillsborough County Planning Commission, Tindale-Oliver & Associates, the Florida Department of Transportation and the City of Sarasota.
The program has an active affiliation with local planning practitioners in partnership with the Suncoast Section of American Planning Association Florida Chapter.
Areas of Focus
- Land Use and Comprehensive Planning
- International Development
- Community Development and Engagement
- Economic Development
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Opportunities and Internships with:
- Major Planning Organizations
- Center for Urban Transportation Research
- Patel College of Global Sustainability
- School of Architecture and Community Design
- Public Administration Program
- Environmental Science and Policy Program
- College of Public Health
- Office of Community Engagement and Partnerships
- Florida Institute of Government