The College of Arts & Sciences is committed to equal opportunities for all its activities and recruitment is no exception. All vacancies within the college are advertised on careers@usf and follow a unified hiring process. If you need assistance with Faculty Recruitment please click here. The positions advertised are classified in three categories: Staff, Administrative and Temporary. All vacant positions regardless of classification must be preapproved by the Dean’s office before the recruitment process is started. If a position is grant funded, the funding source may be requested by the Dean’s office.
- Staff Employment- Staff position are positions assigned to professional, paraprofessional, administrative, clerical, secretarial, technical, skilled crafts, service or maintenance duties.
- Employees undergo a 6 month probationary period, which upon successful completion the employee will gain regular status.
- Employees categorized as Staff are covered under Collect bargaining AFSCME.
- Administrative Employment- Administrative positons are defined as position with administrative and management responsibilities or professional duties.
- Do not participate in a probationary period, appointments are annually renewed unless otherwise notified by a non-reappointment
- Temporary Employment (OPS) - Temporary positions are at will positions. The length of employment is determined by the hiring department and may perform academic or non-academic function