The Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) hosts several events that may be of interest to Adjunct Instructors on the USF Tampa campus. In addition to the workshops ATLE offers, adjuncts may be interested in participating in the following events:
- Adjunct Book Club: An informal, cross-disciplinary gathering of USF adjunct instructors who meet to discuss a variety of books related to teaching and learning.
- Adjunct Retreat: A one-day whirlwind prep day for adjuncts on a weekend before the start of fall and spring term.
- Adjunct Workshop Series: Earn a physical certificate for completing 5 of 7 workshops, held in the evening once per week.
- Canvas Camp: A one-day event, co-hosted with Innovative Education, that will offer workshops and best practices on using Canvas.
- International Teachers' Day: A face-to-face single-day event to familiarize instructors and teaching assistants of international origin what to expect from American students, how to minimize language and accent issues, and how to leverage best practices in teaching to avoid problems that could otherwise crop up.
- Teaching Essentials: An online course (free to USF instructional personnel) discussing best practices in teaching, from writing quizzes and delivering lectures, to effective classroom management and strong course design. This resource is available in Canvas, the university's learning management software (LMS).
- Tech Camp: An informal, day-long, drop-by seminar, held each summer, where various technologies for teaching are demonstrated.