The Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) hosts several events that may be of interest to Graduate Teaching Assistants on the USF Tampa campus. In addition to the workshops ATLE offers, TAs may be interested in participating in the following events:
- Canvas Camp: A one-day event, co-hosted with Innovative Education, that will offer workshops and best practices on using Canvas.
- Canvas Crash Course for TAs: A face-to-face, hands-on training to help familiarize TAs with USF's new learning management software (LMS), Canvas.
- International Teachers' Day: A face-to-face single-day event to familiarize instructors and teaching assistants of international origin what to expect from American students, how to minimize language and accent issues, and how to leverage best practices in teaching to avoid problems that could otherwise crop up.
- Preparing for College Teaching (PCT) Course: A free, optional 8-week program that was created to provide TAs with an experience that helps them prepare to become college instructors or professors.
- TA Teaching Essentials: An online course (free to USF instructional personnel) discussing best practices in teaching, from writing quizzes and delivering lectures, to effective classroom management and strong course design. This resource is available in Canvas, the university's learning management software (LMS).
- TA Training: A one-day introduction to graduate student teaching at USF, with an optional half-day micro-teaching laboratory experience.Preparing for College Teaching (PCT) Course: A free, optional 8-week program that was created to provide TAs with an experience that helps them prepare to become college instructors or professors.
- Tech Camp: An informal, day-long, drop-by seminar, held each summer, where various technologies for teaching are demonstrated.