It can be difficult to assess our own effectiveness in the classroom. One of ATLE's most valuable services is classroom observations, offered only if the faculty member in question requests it directly. These are collegial consultations, not evaluative, and the results are not shared with anyone but the faculty member. ATLE can also videotape your class session so that you can watch yourself in action—always an instructive thing to do!
There are many reasons to request an observation:
- seek ways to improve your performance on a continual basis
- try new methods and strategies and receive feedback about their efficacy
- gather material to support your annual reviews and tenure/promotion reviews
- demonstrate your commitment to student success
- identify potential opportunities to improve if you've received disappointing student evaluations
Contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 813-974-1841 for more information, or to schedule an appointment.