Whether you're interested in altering a small section of your class or the entire curriculum, the Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) can help. We are happy to consult with you regarding many topics:
- Revising course objectives (and everything else that must change as a result)
- Converting the class to be partly online (fully online course conversions should work with Innovative Education)
- Adding a new dimension, such as an international or global perspective
- Incorporating a service-learning component
- Changing assessment methods
- Experimenting with alternate modes of content delivery and/or new technologies
Faculty way wish to consult ATLE's Course Redesign Menu for ideas and resources related to course redesign.
On occasion, we sponsor more formal course redesign efforts either at a program/department level, or with individual classes. Such opportunities will be announced via the weekly ATLE listserv.
Instructors should know how their courses fit with the larger departmental (major/minor) curriculum, which is articulated in the Academic Learning Compacts (ALCs) held centrally at the University. See these links for more information:
Contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 813-974-1841 for more information, or to schedule an appointment.