The Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) offers a variety of resources that support instructional personnel on the USF Tampa campus. For ideas on how to adjust, innovate, and expand your teaching horizons, visit the links to the left, which include:
- Assessment: ideas for optimizing your assessment strategies including, test construction and grading methods
- Classroom Management: strategies and policies to help you cultivate and maintain productive classroom environments
- Course Design: ideas for jump-starting a course redesign that matches your skills and comfort level
- Interactive Techniques: toolbox of activities, discussion starters, and partner/groupwork exercises
- Resource Library: readings available for check-out in the ATLE library that can help you improve your teaching
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL): resources to help you design and interpret SoTL research and find journals for publishing
- Syllabus: information to help you build or refine your course syllabi, including a USF-specific template
- Teaching Methods: collection of special pedagogies you may wish to consider including interactive techniques, experiential/service-learning, team-based learning, and inquiry learning
- Teaching Topics: variety of issues related to teaching including diversity, sustainability, and globalization in curriculum
- Teaching Essentials: A self-paced (and fully optional), 18-hour online course discussing best practices in teaching, from writing quizzes and delivering lectures, to effective classroom management and strong course design. This resource is available in Canvas, the university's learning management software (LMS). Enroll here: https://usflearn.instructure.com/enroll/9GAFYM.
- Instructional Resource Guide – An online glossary and listing of terms, policies, and resources here at USF.