Florida Prepaid Frequently Asked Questions
What fees are covered by Prepaid?
**PLEASE NOTE** - On your OASIS Account Summary all your per credit registration fees will be listed as tuition or have "tuition" as part of the description. Some of the tuition charges contain the local fees that are not covered by all Florida prepaid plans
- Tuition Plan - Covers Matriculation (Tuition) and the Capital Improvement and Financial Aid fees
(State Fees). Students are responsible for the Local, Technology, Facilities, Green
Energy and Transportation fees and all additional course fees i.e. lab, distance learning,
repeat course fees, etc.
- Local Fee Plan (Tampa campus) - Covers most of the per credit hour tuition and fees. It does not cover the Student
Union Enhancement flat fee and the Technology, Facilities, Green Energy and Transportation
fees and all additional course fees i.e. lab, distance learning, repeat course fees,
- Tuition Differential - Students whose Prepaid plans were purchased on or before January 31, 2007 are exempt from paying the tuition differential fee. Students must have prepaid hours available for billing to be exempt. If you request for us not to bill Florida Prepaid for the term the differential tuition will not be exempted. Starting in Fall 2015 the differential charge will show on your account and a waiver (FLPP Differential Exempt) will be applied to cover the differential amount.For more information on Florida Prepaid and the tuition differential fee: http://www.myfloridaprepaid.com/my-account/add-a-plan/
An explanation of USF tuition and fees and which are covered by Florida Prepaid can be found here, USF Undergraduate Tuition and Fees
Please visit Florida Prepaid's website for further information on what their plans cover: http://www.myfloridaprepaid.com/using-your-plan/all-about-fees/
Has Prepaid applied to my account?
To view what Florida Prepaid will cover log into OASIS, select the Student Tab, then the Tuition and Fees section, and then the View Account by Term section. The Florida Prepaid estimated payment will be listed under the Memos section. Once we receive payment from Florida Prepaid the payment will be applied to your account. To determine what you need to pay before the payment is applied to your account,log onto OASIS, go to the View Account by Term section and deduct the Memo Balance from the account balance. This will be the amount you are required to pay less any expected Financial Aid if applicable.
Prepaid does not adjust on your student account automatically. It is done via a nightly process. If you drop or add a class on the last day of drop/add and do not have a tuition deferment you need to contact the Student Accounting office to verify the amount that you need to pay to avoid a late payment fee for tuition.
Florida Prepaid is not financial aid so it will not be listed on the financial aid award screen in OASIS as a resource.
What if I have Florida Prepaid and Bright Future's?
- You may use both programs to help fund your educational expenses. You do not lose
funding in one program because you have the other.
- Florida Prepaid payment will post 3-4 weeks after the start of classes.
- Bright Futures funds are disbursed after the drop/add period which is the end of the
first week of classes.
- It does not matter whether Florida Prepaid or Bright Future's is applied first. Both
will pay based on the number of registered credit hours.
- BRIGHT FUTURES IS NOT AVAILABLE DURING THE SUMMER TERM. If you do not have any other form of Financial Aid for the Summer please be sure
to pay the portion of tuition not covered by Florida Prepaid before the payment deadline
to avoid any late fees.
- Excess funds remaining after tuition has been paid will be applied to any other charges
you owe the University.
- If you do not owe any other charges a refund will be sent either to the student's mailing local address or deposited into their banking account if they have signed up for eDeposit.