RenovationsThe construction and renovation of buildings are managed by the Division of Facilities Planning and Construction. Questions regarding construction and renovation projects should be directed to the Division of Facilities Planning and Construction at 813-974-2625.
When considering renovation of any space, departments should determine whether or not the Space Impact Process must be followed.
Changes to the existing space which require approval of a Space Impact Request include, but are not limited to:
- Change of room size
- Adding or tearing down walls, doors or windows
- Carpet on previously un-carpeted areas
- Carpet replacement with tile or other flooring
- Intrusion into a wall, ceiling or floor for any reason such as running cable or wire, tile work or lighting
- Impact on utilities (electricity, water, gas) such as adding new equipment that requires additional outlets or water.
- Painting that involves a color change
Changes that do not require a Space Impact form include:
- addition of shelving
- hanging a small bulletin board
Changes in telecommunications systems, cable, wiring or equipment should be approved via IT Service Request