Reconciler Training Part 6
Part 6: PCard Security | Lost or Stolen Cards | Escalation Process
- The card or account number should not be shared with others.
- The account number should not be emailed or written on documents – including receipts.
- PCards should be either maintained in wallets or stored in locked cabinets, not unlocked desk drawers.
- When leaving USF or switching departments, please stop using the card, destroy & dispose of it, and notify PCard Services to close your account. Do not leave that responsibility to others (such as a reconciler or verifier).
Reporting Lost, Stolen, or Misplaced Cards:
- If your card is lost or stolen:
- Immediately contact JPMorgan Chase at (800) 316-6056 so that the account can be closed and a card may be ordered.
- Next, call/contact the PCard services to coordinate pick up for the new card.
Statements & Receipts
- Signed cardholder activity statements (statements) and receipts are due to PCard services by the last day of the month of which they appear in FAST
- On the 5th of the next month, lists of delinquent statements and receipts will be escalated to your college administration
- On the 10th of the same month, lists of delinquent statements and receipts will be escalated to your VP administration
- On the 15th of the same month, the PCard will be suspended for statements and receipts not received.
Inadequate Statement/Receipt Packages
- During review of statement and receipt packages, follow-up emails are sent to cardholders and reconcilers requesting missing or inadequate documentation
- If still unresolved after 1st week, notification sent to college administration
- If still unresolved after 2nd week, notification sent to VP administration
- If still unresolved after 3rd week, PCard may be suspended.
Reconciliation of Charges
- Weekly notifications for open charges are sent to the cardholders and reconcilers
when charges older than 7 days are unreconciled
- Charges not associated with an authorization in the travel module are sent to delegates and cardholders
- After 14 days, notification sent to college administration
- After 21 days, notices will be sent to the VP administration
- After 28 days, PCard suspended