Welcome to Reconciler Training!
About This Training: This online training supplements the in-class training received when you register through GEMS Self-Service.
Download the PCard Reconciler Manual.
Note: Travel transactions go directly into the Travel module and are not reconciled through these procedures. Contact the Travel Department for more information.
Download FST102 Training Handout
DEFINITION OF TERMS
A Reconciler is a USF System employee who confirms/approves appropriate PCard use and reconciles the Cardholder receipts to the electronic PCard transactions. Reconcilers add required information to PCard transactions and approve them for electronic payment.
A Verifier is a USF System employee who is a Reconciler, but does not have the final approval role in the reconciliation process. This optional PCard role allows a department the ability to add an additional level of security in the processing of their department PCard transactions.
A Cardholder cannot be a Reconciler and approver of their own transactions, but can be a Verifier of their own transactions. All Cardholders will be loaded on their account in a 'View' role to monitor transactions and print their statements in FAST.
- Ensure Appropriate PCard Use: Reconcilers must be familiar with the items included in FST 108: Cardholder Certification Training, especially the USF Expenditure Guide.
- Check the FAST PCard module frequently for PCard charges.(Charges are input into FAST daily around 4:00 P.M.
- Reconcilers should check FAST daily because:It's the only way to know if a transaction was input to FAST
- Cardholders may forget to tell you a charge was made
- If inappropriate charges are being made to a PCard, you can detect such activity in a timely manner.
- Match PCard paper receipts to electronic transactions.
- Enter required data on electronic PCard transaction.
- Select the appropriate account code for each transaction.
- Reconcilers have seven (7) days to process transactions—both charges and credits. The PCard Compliance area will monitor the transactions and send emails to the Reconciler
and Cardholder after the seven day period has elapsed.
- For further information on the escalation process, please see Part 6.
- Cardholder Activity Statement Packages (including receipt copies) must be submitted to PCard Compliance no later than the last day of the month in which the statement appears in FAST.
- Record retention of all receipts and reports. Receipts must be maintained in the department for recall at any time by the auditors.
- Reconcile receipts with Cardholder Activity Statements.
- Serve as auditor liaison.
IMPORTANT: If a Reconciler or Verifier feels that he/she is being pressured to approve what he/she believe is an inappropriate transaction in violation of USF System PCard policies, procedures and regulations, he/she may contact the USF System PCard Manager, the USF System Director of Purchasing or the USF System University Controller for University Audit and Compliance. This section also applies to other USF System employees who may believe inappropriate transactions using the USF System PCard have occurred.