About the College
Points of Pride
The USF Muma College of Business boasts one of the nation's best accounting schools, a top-ranked entrepreneurship center, a nationally-ranked MBA program, and world-class research faculty. The USF Muma College of Business and Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy are separately accredited by AACSB International-the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The hallmark of excellence in business education, AACSB's Board of Directors reaffirmed USF's accreditation in 2018, one of just 186 institutions worldwide certified for quality in both overall business and accounting programs. Our Center for Entrepreneurship is ranked No. 11 nationwide by Entrepreneur magazine and the Princeton Review in 2017-2018. From 2014-2017, the MBA/MS in Sport & Entertainment Program has 98% job placement.
- The USF Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management program was ranked in the top 20 of
postgraduate courses on the globe, as rated by SportBusiness International which sifted
through 1,000 survey responses from alumni and course leaders of programs around the
world to rank the top 40 institutions.
- The Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department was ranked No. 30 in business
school research rankings compiled by the University of Texas at Dallas. The rankings
are based on scores of more than 300 business schools and colleges across North America
and include data collected from the three top research journal publications between
Jan. 1, 2014 and Dec. 31, 2016. USF scored higher than all other public universities
in the state except the University of Florida.
- The part-time MBA program ranked No. 58 among public schools in the March Best Graduate
Schools issue of the U.S. News and World Report. In addition, according to the CEO
Magazine, the Executive MBA program is also ranked #44 globally.
- USF Muma College of Business has the highest business job placement rate among state schools with 66.4% of graduate's employment at $40K
Additional Points of Pride
- USF has the first Business Honors Program in Florida, helping the university to recruit high achieving students from across
the nation. The average high school GPA for incoming Business Honors Program students
was 4.04, with an average ACT score of 27.5 and average SAT score of 1220. All graduates
of the Business Honors Program held internships and have a study abroad experience.
For the last three years, every Business Honors Program student has had a job or acceptance
to a graduate program a graduation. The Bulls Business Community – a living-learning
center for honors students and other top performers – has been the home for 512 students
since its inception in 2007.
- This year, the Corporate Mentor Program served 133 first-generation college students with 128 mentors participating Fall
2017- Spring 2018. There were 42 companies from the Tampa Bay area that were engaged
in the Corporate Mentor Program, and more than $120,000 of scholarships was awarded
during the academic year. 20 professional development events and five corporate tours
were also offered for students during the Fall 2017- Spring 2018 Academic Year.
- Business students explore the world as part of their USF educational experience. More than a quarter of all USF students who took advantage of summer study abroad excursions were business majors. Some of these trips gave students the chance to explore established marketplaces and visit with global business leaders in distant locations such as England, Panama, Prague, and India. Some students took part in semester-long exchange programs at internationally respected institutions.