Andrew Artis is an associate professor teaching marketing management and strategy courses in the Marketing Department.
His research focuses on how business professionals can manage their own learning to achieve personal and organizational objectives. His research has appeared in several publications, such as the Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, Journal of Business Research, and Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing. He also received an Outstanding Paper Award for the Education Track from the Marketing Management Association Conference in 2011.
Artis has a PhD in business administration from the University of Tennessee, an MBA from Boise State University, and a BS in Marketing & Management from the University of Idaho. He has taught at USF Polytechnic, the University of Tennessee, and Boise State University. Prior to his teaching career, Artis spent 15 years in public and private sector management, marketing and sales. He has received numerous teaching awards, notably the Marketing Management Association Master Teacher Award in 2009 and the USF Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award in 2008.
- MAR 3823 Undergraduate Marketing Management
- MAR 4824 Undergraduate Marketing Management Problems
- MAR 6815 MBA Marketing Management
- MAR 6158 MBA International Marketing Management
- MAR 6816 MBA Marketing Strategy
- MAR 6930 MBA Sales Force Management
- GEB 6895 MBA Integrated Business Applications I
- Fleming, David E. & Andrew B. Artis (2012), "The Role of the Manager in Shaping Customer Contact Employee Perceptions of the Firm's Relationship with Technology: A Conceptual Model," Services Marketing Quarterly, Vol. 34, No. 3.
- Stewart, Geoffrey, Zach Zacharia & Andrew B. Artis (2012), "Leveraging Relationship Orientation and Its Impact on Relationship Outcomes," Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol. 27, Iss. 8, p. 644-658.
- Artis, Andrew B. and David E. Fleming (2012), "Reading Well and Being Well Read: A Study on the Combined Use of Textbooks and Trade Articles in Marketing Courses," International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 3.
- Edmondson, Diane R., Stefanie L. Boyer & Andrew B. Artis (2012), "Self-Directed Learning: A Meta-Analytical Review of Adult Learning Constructs," International Journal of Educational Research, Vol. 7, No. 1 (Spring), p. 40-48.