Anol Bhattacherjee is a full professor of information systems and Dean's Fellow at the University of South Florida. His research focuses on a broad range of topics related to creation and management of innovations, healthcare informatics, and social enterprises.
He is one of the top ten researchers in the world in the information systems discipline, ranked eighth based on papers published in the top two journals in the information systems discipline over the past decade. In a research career spanning 17 years, Bhattacherjee has published 55 refereed journal papers that have received more than 6,000 citations on Google Scholar. His 2001 MIS Quarterly paper, cited more than 1,800 times, is credited with creating a new stream of research on technology continuance. His textbook, Social Science Research: Principles, Methods, and Practices has been downloaded more than 50,000 times, is available in four languages, and used on six continents. Bhattacherjee was the principal investigator in U.S. federal grants exceeding $750,000. He served on the editorial board of MIS Quarterly for four years and is on the current editorial board of the Journal of the AIS.
Bhattacherjee holds PhD and MBA degrees from the University of Houston, and MS and BS degrees from Indian Institute of Technology. He had prior faculty appointments at Arizona State University and the University of Colorado at Denver, was a visiting professor at Sogang University, Seoul (South Korea) and EDHEC, Lille (France), and served as a Fulbright Senior Scholar at ESPRIT, Tunis (Tunisia).
- ISM 6217 - Database Administration
- QMB 7565 - Introduction to Research Methods
- ISM 6021 - Management Information Systems
- Teo, T. S. H. and Bhattacherjee, A., "Knowledge Transfer and Utilization in IT Outsourcing Partnerships: A Preliminary Model of Antecedents and Outcomes," Information & Management, Accepted 9/19/2013.
- Bhattacherjee, A. and Park, S. C., "Why End-Users Move to the Cloud: A Migration-Theoretic Analysis," European Journal of Information Systems, Accepted 11/21/2012.
- Midha, V. and Bhattacherjee, A., "Governance Practices and Software Maintenance: A Study of Open Source Projects," Decision Support Systems (54:1), December 2012, pp. 23-32.
- Bhattacherjee, A., Limayem, M., and Cheung, C., "User Switching of Information Technology: A Theoretical Synthesis and Empirical Test," Information & Management (49:7/8), November-December 2012, 327-333.