Steve Budd is an Instructor with the Center for Entrepreneurship's undergraduate entrepreneurship program. He has significant experience leading, developing, and growing highly successful programs that provide entrepreneurship education and comprehensive assistance to early-stage businesses.
Budd has held numerous leadership and teaching positions since joining the University of South Florida in 1997. He was founding Associate Director or the USF Center for Entrepreneurship and was part of the founding team of the USF Tampa Bay Technology Incubator. He started the Entrepreneurship and Venture Planning program at USF Polytechnic and was founding director of USFP's Blue Sky Incubator program.
Budd has significant experience as an instructor and practitioner in the areas of entrepreneurship; strategic and business planning; industry and market research; finance and financial modeling; and, identifying and assessing potential financing strategies and sources. While a general practitioner in entrepreneurship, his area of expertise is venture finance.
Budd received his Master of Business Administration from the University of South Florida with concentrations in Management and Entrepreneurship and his Bachelor of Science from George Mason University with a major in Economics.
- ENT 3003 - Principles of Business in Entrepreneurship
- ENT 4014 - Venture Formation
- ENT 4424 - Venture Capital
- Honors Thesis Projects
- William D. Armitage, Andrew Artis, Stephen R. Budd, Abdel Ejnioui, JoAnne Larsen, Richard E. Plank, Rebekah Pratt, Alfredo Weitzenfeld. "Determining Training and Education Needs to Benefit Local Manufacturing and Distribution Companies". An industry report prepared by the USF Polytechnic Center for the Development of Information Technology Applications. May 2010.
- Fountain, M.W., Marshall, W.G., Budd, S.R. 2008. "Interdisciplinary Learning Frameworks for Entrepreneurship Students: Traversing Disciplines Across Campus". Presented at the 2008 International Meeting of the American Association of Schools and Colleges of Business (AACSB) in Honolulu, HI.
- Reviewer for the Florida High Technology Corridor Matching Grants Program
- Serve as a Mentor for the USF Technology Incubator - provide assistance to incubator companies and USF spin-out technologies in the areas of business planning /strategy and financial modeling/strategy
- Faculty Liaison for the Tampa Bay Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth
- Provide intensive professional workshops and mentoring for USF Center for Entrepreneurship Business Plan Competition
- Serve on Advisory Boards for local businesses