Jennifer Cainas, Instructor II, is the Pender Newkirk Teaching Fellow for the School of Accountancy. She teaches both principles of accounting and upper level financial and managerial accounting courses, as well as accounting information systems. She has received numerous teaching awards, including being awarded the "Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award" for the University of South Florida several times.
Her primary areas of interest include financial reporting and fraud prevention; she has made several professional presentations in the areas of fraud, fraud prevention, and issues in the field. She is also a frequent presenter to Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants and other local trade groups.
Professor Cainas received her Bachelor of Arts Degree and Master's of Accountancy degree from the University of South Florida. She is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant in the State of Florida. Prior to entering academia, Cainas served as a controller for an international title insurance company and worked for a multi-national mortgage company. Cainas is currently serving as a board member for the West Coast Chapter of FICPA.
- ACG 2021 - Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACG 2071 - Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Co-Faculty Advisor for Beta Alpha Psi
- Chair, Scholarship Committee for College of Business
- Chair, Scholarship Committee, School of Accountancy
- Chair, USF-FICPA Fall Accounting Conference, 2010
- Member, FICPA Relations with Accounting Educators Committee
- Board member for West Coast Chapter of FICPA
- CPE Coordinator for West Coast Chapter of FICPA
- Chair of Student Night Event for West Coast Chapter of FICPA
- Member, Undergraduate Curriculum Committee