Professor Kaushal Chari serves as the associate dean of research and professional programs for the USF Muma College of Business. Previously he served as the chair of the Information Systems & Decision Sciences Department from 2006-2013. He currently teaches a course in distributed systems and participates in numerous university committees and research efforts.
Chari's research program covers three broad areas: software engineering, business intelligence and distributed systems. He is interested in applying quantitative as well as intelligent techniques to address problems related to IT systems, software development and business process management. Chari's work has been published in a variety of academic journals, including Management Science, Information Systems Research, INFORMS Journal on Computing, and IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. Chari served as the associate editor of MIS for Interfaces journal from 2002-2010, and as the vice chair of the INFORMS Information Systems Society from 2007 – 2009. He is the co-winner of the 2009 Design Science Award from INFORMS Information Systems Society.
Chari obtained a B.Tech in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, followed by an MBA and PhD from the University of Iowa. He is a member of AIS, INFORMS, and Beta Gamma Sigma.
- ISM 6225 - Distributed Information Systems
- ISM 6930 - Computational Methods in Business
- ISM 7911 - Seminar on Technical IT Research
- Perols J., K. Chari, M. Agrawal, "Information Market Based Approach for Decision Fusion' Management Science, Vol. 55, No. 5, May 2009, 827-842.
- Agrawal M. and K. Chari, "Learning Negotiation Support Systems in Competitive Negotiations: A Study of Negotiation Behaviors and System Impacts," International Journal of Intelligent Information Technologies, Vol. 5, No. 1, Jan-March 2009, 1-23.
- Chari K. and M. Agrawal, "Automated Multi-issue Negotiations using Agents," INFORMS Journal on Computing, Volume 19, No. 4, Fall 2007, 588-595.
- Vice Chair, INFORMS Information Systems Society, 2007-2009
- Associate Editor – MIS Area, Interfaces, 2002-2010
- Co-Guest Editor, Information Technology & Management- volumes 5(1-2), 10(2-3)
- Conference Co-Chair, 17th Workshop on Information Technology & Systems (WITS), Montreal, Canada, 2007
- Conference Co-Chair, 6th INFORMS Conference on Information Systems & Technology (CIST), Miami, 2001