Professor Cynthia Cohen teaches graduate-level courses in negotiations, conflict resolution, human resources, and improvisation. She has won numerous teaching awards including Graduate Business Association Professor of the Year. An expert in employment rights, labor relations, and negotiation, her areas of research include conflict in organizations and organizational justice.
Her research focus is on organizational justice, conflict resolution and improvisation in organizations. Previous work has been widely published in journals such as Conflict Resolution Quarterly, Dispute Resolution Journal, Journal of Individual Employment Rights, Labor Law Journal, Industrial and Labor Relations Review, Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector,and Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal.
Cohen earned a PhD from Georgia State University, an MBA and BBA from the University of Georgia, and attended the Hewlett Socio-Legal Institute on Dispute Resolution at The Ohio State University College of Law. Cohen served on the labor arbitration rosters of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, the American Arbitration Association, the USPS, and APWU. She belongs to numerous professional organizations, including the Association for Conflict Resolution, Society of Human Resource Management and the Academy of Management.
- MAN 6456 - Improvisation in Business Organizations
- MAN 6448 – Negotiating Agreement and Resolving Conflict
- MAN 6305 – Human Resource Management
- Westhoff, W.W., Cohen, C.F., Cooper, E.E., Corvin, J. and McDermott, R. "Cooperation or Competition: Does Game Theory Have Relevance for Public Health", American Journal of Health Education, Vol. 43, No. 3, 176-183, May/June 2012.
- Cohen, C.F. and Goetz, K. "Status Games: Understanding Status Differences in Conflict Resolution", Association for Conflict Resolution, New Orleans, September 2012.
- Cohen, C.F. "Improvisation and conflict resolution: What We Can Learn From Theatrical Improvisation Training", ACResolutions, Volume 9, No. 4, 11-13. Fall, 2010.
Cohen has served on the USF Athletics Council, the NCAA Certification Committee, the College Strategic Planning Committee, the Faculty Executive Committee, and the Tenure and Promotion Committee. She serves on the Editorial Board for the Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal and has been an ad hoc reviewer for the Academy of Management Perspective and Information Systems Research.