Rosann Collins has two roles in the College of Business. As faculty director of the MBA and EMBA programs she provides faculty input on all the academic aspects of the MBA and EMBA programs, including curriculum, advising, and scheduling.
As an associate professor in the Information Systems Decision Sciences Department, Collins develops and teaches courses for undergraduates and graduates, including in the Executive MBA program. She also facilitates doctoral seminars and has taught in the College of Business' undergraduate programs in Singapore and Peru. Collins is very active in the department's doctoral program and has served as the major advisor or co-major advisor on nine completed dissertations and as a member on 29 dissertation committees.
Her research focuses on global information systems and cognitive issues in business intelligence and systems development. She also studies the impact of information technology on work design and productivity. Her publications include a book, Crossing Boundaries: The Deployment of Global IT Solutions, and research articles in journals such as MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, and The Journal of the American Society for Information Science, among others.
Collins received a PhD in Business Administration with a concentration in management information systems from the University of Minnesota. She is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, AIS, ACM, and IEEE.
- ISM 4153 - Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- ISM 4382 - Global Information Systems
- ISM 6156 - ERP & Business Process Management
- ISM 6442 – International Aspects of Information Systems
- ISM 7912 – Behavioral Research in MIS (coordinates doctoral seminar)
- "Verification of Knowledge Assets in Electronic Repositories: Expert- And Community-Governance" Information Systems Management (accepted). (with Varol O. Kayhan, Chris J. Davis and Anol Bhattacherjee)
- "Telemedicine: Technology Mediated Service Relationship, Encounter, or Something Else?" International Journal of Medical Informatics, 2012, Volume 81, No. 9, 622-636. (with Cynthia LeRouge and Monica Garfield)
- "Economic Culture and Prediction Markets" Journal of Systems, Cybernetics and Informatics, 2011, Volume 9, No. 5, 69-74. (with Khalid Alhayyan, Donald J. Berndt and Joni L. Jones)
- Senior Editor, Information Systems Management
- Reviewer for Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, ICIS, and other MIS journals and conferences
- Multiple COB and IS/DS Department standing committees and search committees