As an associate professor in the Information Systems Decision Sciences Department for more than 20 years, Rosann Webb Collins has enjoyed the students she has interacted with and the opportunities she has received at the Muma College of Business.
Collins teaches students at all levels: undergraduate, master's, and doctoral students. She enjoys the diversity of experience she sees in students at the Muma College of Business, with students bringing to the classroom both a wealth of experience and a rich global perspective. Both working professionals who are part-time students and the full-time students in Collins' classes relate well to her learning-by-doing focus of Collins' classes. Collins is active in the department's doctoral program and has served as the major advisor or co-major advisor on ten completed dissertations and as a member on 30 dissertation committees.
Collins' varied research efforts in global impacts of information systems and software development are well-supported and integrated into her teaching assignments. She has been able to teach her course in global systems in India, Singapore, France and Peru. Her research monograph and articles on this topic reflect her continued interest in how systems are designed, implemented and used across the globe. Her publications include a book, Crossing Boundaries: The Deployment of Global IT Solutions, and research articles in journals such as MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, and The Journal of the American Society for Information Science, among others.
Collins received a PhD in Business Administration with a concentration in management information systems from the University of Minnesota. She is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, AIS, ACM, and IEEE.
- ISM 4153 - Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- ISM 4382 - Global Information Systems
- ISM 6021 - Management Information Systems
- ISM 6156 - ERP & Business Process Management
- ISM 6442 - International Aspects of Information Systems
- ISM 7912 - Behavioral Research in MIS (coordinates doctoral seminar)
- "Verification of Knowledge Assets in Electronic Repositories: Expert- And Community-Governance" Information Systems Management (accepted). (with Varol O. Kayhan, Chris J. Davis and Anol Bhattacherjee)
- "Telemedicine: Technology Mediated Service Relationship, Encounter, or Something Else?" International Journal of Medical Informatics, 2012, Volume 81, No. 9, 622-636. (with Cynthia LeRouge and Monica Garfield)
- "Economic Culture and Prediction Markets" Journal of Systems, Cybernetics and Informatics, 2011, Volume 9, No. 5, 69-74. (with Khalid Alhayyan, Donald J. Berndt and Joni L. Jones)
- Senior Editor, Information Systems Management
- Reviewer for Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, ICIS, and other MIS journals and conferences
- Multiple COB and IS/DS Department standing committees and search committees