Dr. Bei Dong is a faculty member in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy. Since she joined USF in 2007, Dr. Dong has taught Accounting Concepts for MBA and EMBA for almost seven years. She also teaches Intermediate Financial Accounting and Principles of Financial Accounting.
Dong's areas of research include causes and consequences of alternative accounting choices, accounting regulation, voluntary disclosures, auditing and capital markets. Her research on financial accounting has been published in journals such as The Accounting Review, and Advances in Accounting, incorporating Advances in International Accounting.
Dr. Dong received a BS in finance from the Guanghua School of Management, Peking University (China), an MS in finance from the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, and a PhD in accounting from Michigan State University. She is a member of the American Accounting Association.
- ACG 6026 Accounting Concepts
- Dong, B., Li, E. X., Ramesh, K., and Shen, M. (2015) Priority dissemination of public disclosures. The Accounting Review, 90(6).
- Dong, B., Robinson, D., and Robinson, M. (2015, June). The market's response to earnings surprises after first-tine going-concern modifications. Advances in Accounting, 31(1), Pages 21-32.
- Dong, Bei, Dahlia Robinson, and Michael Robinson. December 2012. "The Change in Investors Perception of Earnings Quality Following First-time Going Concern Modifications." American Accounting Association National Meeting, Anaheim, CA, August 2013.
- Ad hoc reviewer for 2013 FARS conference
- ISDS Department Faculty Recruiting Committee Member 2012/2013
- Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy research participant coordinator Spring 2012 - present
- Undergraduate curriculum committee Spring 2012 – present
- MBA QIP committee team leader 2008 – present
- Financial QIP committee 2007/2008
- Honors College, Thesis Reader (Patty Trask), 2011
- Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy Commencement Representative, Spring 2011
- Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy Instructor Recruiting Committee Member 2010/2011, 2011/2012
- Muma College of Business library committee 2009/2010