Bei Dong is a faculty member in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy. Since she joined USF in 2007, Dong has taught Accounting Concepts for MBA and EMBA, Intermediate Financial Accounting, and Principles of Financial Accounting. Dong is a 2016 Muma College of Business Instructor Research Award winner.
Dong's areas of research include causes and consequences of alternative accounting choices, accounting regulation, voluntary disclosures, auditing and capital markets. Her research on financial disclosure and auditing has been published in journals such as The Accounting Review, and Advances in Accounting, incorporating Advances in International Accounting.
Dong received a BS in finance from the Guanghua School of Management, Peking University (China), an MS in finance from the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, and a PhD in accounting from Michigan State University. She is a member of the American Accounting Association.
- ACG 6026 Accounting Concepts for Managers
- GEB 6895 Integrated Business Application
- Dong, B., Li, E. X., Ramesh, K., and Shen, M. (2015) Priority dissemination of public
disclosures. The Accounting Review, 90(6).
- Previously names "Regulations FD and the Loss of the 15-minute Privilege" or "The Effects of Regulation FD on Informal and Institutionalized Leakages of Information in Earnings Press Releases"
- Accepted and presented in 2012 Financial Accounting and Reporting Section Mid-Year Meeting (refereed)
- Accepted and presented in 2012 AAA annual conference (refereed)
- Dong, B., Robinson, D., and Robinson, M. (2015, March). The market's response to earnings
surprises after first-tine going-concern modifications. Advances in Accounting, 31(1), Pages 21-32.
- Accepted by and presented at the 2013 AAA National Meeting, Anaheim, CA (refereed)
- Accepted by and presented at the 2011 AAA Diversity Section annual meeting (refereed)
- Dong, B., Robinson, D., and Xu, L. 2016. Auditor-Client Geographic Proximity and Earnings
- Accepted by and presented at the 2016 AAA Southwest Meeting, Atlanta, GA (refereed)
- Accepted by and presented at the 2016 AAA Diversity Section annual meeting (refereed)
- Accepted by and presented at the 2016 AAA Northeast Meeting, Quincy, MA (refereed)
- Accepted by and presented at the 2016 Northeast Business and Economics Association Annual Meeting (refereed)
- The treasurer of the college's Beta Gamma Sigma chapter 2015 – present
- Muma College of Business MBA committee 2008 – present
- Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy research participant coordinator Spring 2012-present
- MBA QIP committee team leader 2008 – present
- Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy research participant coordinator Spring 2012 - present
- Undergraduate curriculum committee Spring 2012 – present
- ISDS Department Faculty Recruiting Committee Member 2012/2013/2016
- Thesis advisor of undergraduate honor college student (Shao Feng)- Fall 2015
- Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy Commencement Representative, Spring 2011 and Summer 2015
- Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy Instructor Recruiting Committee Member 2010/2011, 2011/2012, and 2015
- Ad hoc reviewer for 2013 FARS conference
- Honors College, Thesis Reader (Patty Trask), 2011
- Financial QIP committee 2007/2008