A professor in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, Terry Engle's teaching interests include independent auditing and internal\operational auditing. He has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in this area. Engle joined the USF faculty in 1983 and he received the 2003-04 and the 2012-2013 School of Accountancy Outstanding Teacher award.
His research has been published in prestigious journals such as The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance, The CPA Journal, Internal Auditor, Journal of Accountancy, and Issues in Accounting Education, among others. Engle has also been a frequent presenter at American Accounting Association conferences.
Engle received a PhD from the University of Missouri, and a BS and MS from Illinois State University. His many service contributions have included active participation and leadership on a very large number of USF committees, being a manuscript reviewer for prestigious accounting journals, serving on the Florida State Board of Accountancy Independence Task Force, and serving as co-chair of the Academic Relations Committee of the Florida West Coast Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- ACG 4632 - Auditing I
- ACG 5675 - Internal & Operational Auditing
- ACG 6636 - Contemporary Issues in Auditing
- Engle, Terry J., and Mastracchio, Nicholas, "How to More Effectively Comply with the Requirements of SAS 128", The CPA Journal, November 2015, pp. 44-51.
- Lynch, Antoinette L., Murthy, Uday S., and Engle, Terry J., "Why Computer-Mediated Communication Improves the Effectiveness of Fraud Brainstorming", International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Vol. 13, Issue 4, December 2012, pp. 334-356.
- Engle, Terry, J., and W. Quilliam, 2012. "Auditor's Report to Undergo Major Changes," Florida CPA Today, May/June 2012, pp. 16-18.
During the 2016-17 academic year, Dr. Terry Engle served on a variety of Muma College of Business and Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy committees. In addition, he participated in a large number of Muma College of Business and Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy functions and events.