An associate professor in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, Lisa Gaynor's primary teaching responsibilities are in the areas of auditing and financial accounting. She currently teaches intermediate financial accounting at the undergraduate level, and the integrative (capstone) seminar in the master's program, and the auditing seminar in the doctoral program.
Her general research interests are in the broad areas of financial statement auditing and corporate governance. More specifically, her research examines how individuals' (e.g., investors', auditors', or audit committee members') judgments and behavior may be affected by rules and regulations related to independence, fraud, fair values, and disclosures. Academic journals such as The Accounting Review, Accounting Organizations & Society, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, Accounting Horizons, and Issues in Accounting Education have published her work.
Gaynor earned her PhD from the University of Texas – Austin, an MBA from the University of Miami, and a BS from the University of Florida. A Certified Public Accountant, Gaynor taught at Georgetown University and Florida State University prior to joining USF in 2006. Prior to entering academia, she served in roles such as controller, director of finance, auditor, and tax accountant for both public and private industries.
- ACG 3103 - Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- ACG 6932 Integrative Accounting Seminar
- Gaynor, L., A. Kelton, M. Mercer and T. Yohn. 2016. "Understanding the Relation between Financial Reporting Quality and Audit Quality" Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory 35(4).
- Gaynor, Lisa. 2013. "Audit Committee Effectiveness – A Focus on Their Role and That of the External Auditor" AAA Auditing Section Midyear Conference, New Orleans, LA, January 2013.
- Bratten, B., L. Gaynor, L. McDaniel, N. Montague, G. Sierra, 2012. "The Audit of Fair Values and Other Estimates: The Effects of Underlying Environmental, Task, and Auditor-Specific Factors" Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory 32(1): 7-44.
- Gaynor, L.M. and A.S. Kelton. "The Effects of Analyst Forecasts and Management Forecast Consistency on Perceptions of Management Forecast Credibility," Accounting and Finance, forthcoming.
- K.L. Jones, J. K. Aier, D. Brandon, T.D. Carpenter, L.M. Gaynor, W.R. Knechel, M. B. Pevzner, B. J. Reed, and P L. Walker. 2012. "Comments by the Auditing Standards Committee of the Auditing Section of the American Accounting Association on PCAOB Rulemaking Docket Matter No. 37: PCAOB Release No. 2011-006, Concept Release on Auditor Independence and Firm Rotation." Current Issues in Auditing, 6(1): C15-C27.