Timothy B. Heath
Timothy B. Heath is a full professor in the Marketing Department and co-director of the Center for Analytics and Creativity. He teaches courses in creativity and innovation, consumer psychology, and marketing management at the doctoral, masters, and undergraduate levels.
His research investigates issues in branding, persuasion, and innovation, including ongoing research into innovation sequences, inter-temporal choices, and the nature of scientific inquiry. Heath's research is published in the field's best journals including the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Consumer Psychology, and International Journal of Research in Marketing. He reviews research for numerous journals while serving as associate editor at the Journal of Consumer Marketing and on the editorial review boards of the Journal of Marketing and the Journal of Consumer Psychology.
He earned a PhD in business administration at the University of Iowa and has served on the faculties of the University of Pittsburgh, Miami University (Joseph C. Seibert Professor of Marketing), ESSEC Business School (Communication and Management Chaired Professor), and HEC Paris (HEC Foundation Professor of Marketing). Heath also served as a visiting professor at the University of Notre Dame, where he won the MBA program's "Outstanding Teacher of the Year" award, and as an adjunct professor at the Universidad Technica de Santa Maria (Valparaiso, Chile) and the Czech Management Center (Prague).
- MAR 6815 Marketing Management
- MAR 6936 Value Creation
- MAR 7931 Marketing Proseminar
- MAR 7555 Consumer Behavior Theory
- Heath, Timothy B., Subimal Chatterjee, Suman Basuroy, Thorsten Hennig-Thurau, and Bruno Kocher (2015), "Innovation Sequences Over Iterated Offerings: A Relative Innovation, Comfort, and Stimulation Framework of Consumer Responses," Journal of Marketing, 79 (November), 71-93.
- Chatterjee, Subimal, Dipankar Rai, and Timothy B. Heath (forthcoming), "Tradeoff Between Time and Money: The Asymmetric Consideration of Opportunity Costs," Journal of Business Research.
- Kull, Alexander J. and Timothy B. Heath (2016), "You Decide, We Donate: Strengthening Consumer–Brand Relationships through Digitally Co-Created Social Responsibility," International Journal of Research in Marketing, 33 (March), forthcoming.
- Heath, Timothy B., Devon DelVecchio, and Michael S. McCarthy (2011), "The Asymmetric Effects of Extending Brands to Lower and Higher Quality," Journal of Marketing, 75 (July), 3-20.