Alan R. Hevner
Alan R. Hevner is a Distinguished University Professor and Eminent Scholar in the Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department in the Muma College of Business at the University of South Florida. He also holds the Citigroup/Hidden River Chair of Distributed Technology. Hevner's areas of research interest include design-science research, information-systems development, software engineering, distributed-database systems, healthcare systems and Internet of Things computing. He has published more than 200 research papers on these topics and has consulted for a number of Fortune 500 companies.
Hevner received doctorate in computer science from Purdue University and has held faculty positions at the University of Maryland and the University of Minnesota. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and a Fellow of the Association for Information Systems (AIS). He is a member of ACM, IEEE, and INFORMS.
Additional honors include selection as a Parnas Fellow at Lero, the Irish software research center and a Schoeller Senior Fellow at Friedrich Alexander University in Germany. He also is a recipient of the Design Science Research Lifetime Achievement Award. From 2006-09, he served as a program manager at the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) in the Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) Directorate.
- ISM 6124 - Advanced Information Systems Analysis & Design
- ISM 6145 - Software Testing
- ISM 7911 - Seminar on Technical IT Research
- M. Tremblay, A. Hevner, and D. Berndt, "Design of an Information Volatility Measure for Health Care Decision Making," Decision Support Systems, Vol. 52, No. 2, January 2012, pp. 331-341.
- B. Padmanabhan, A. Hevner, M. Cuenco, and C. Shi, "From Information to Operations: Service Quality and Customer Retention," ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, Vol. 2, No. 4, Article 21, December 2011, 21 pages.
- M. Harris, R. Collins, and A. Hevner, "Control of Flexible Software Development under Uncertainty," Information Systems Research: Special Issue on Flexible and Distributed Information Systems Development, September 2009, pp. 400-419.
- R. Collins, A. Hevner, G. Walton, and R. Linger, "The Impacts of Function Extraction Technology on Program Comprehension: A Controlled Study," Information and Software Technology, Vol. 50, No. 11, October 2008, pp. 1165-1179.
An internationally recognized scholar in Information Systems, Hevner serves as a senior editor of the Management Information Systems Quarterly, the top-ranked IS journal. He has presented research seminars around the globe, including recent talks in China, Australia, France, and throughout the United States. He recently received a lifetime achievement award for his contributions to design research.