Director, MBA/EMBA Programs
Room: BSN 103
Phone: (813) 974-3335
Irene Hurst is the director of the MBA and Executive MBA programs in the College of Business. She previously served more than eleven years as the director for USF's Small Business Development Center.
Hurst serves in several small business related committees for the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce. She is on the board of directors for the Minority Economic Development of Tampa Bay Corporation and is the board of director for the USF Federal Credit Union. She also serves on the advisory board for the STAR Technology Enterprise Center.
A former small business columnist for the Maddux Report, Hurst started the Women Executive Forum more than ten years ago, an organization that gives female business owners the opportunity to lend support to one another. In 2006, she was named the Indo‐US Chamber of Commerce of Tampa Bay's "Business Woman of the Year," and in 1997, she was awarded the "Woman of Distinction" award by Soroptimist International of the Americas.
Hurst earned an MBA at USF and has a bachelor's in psychology from the University of Indonesia. She is certified as a Fast Trac facilitator by the Kauffman Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership. She also teaches small business management and entrepreneurship in the College of Business.
- Treasurer and Director for the Minority Enterprise Development Corporation of Tampa Bay
- Immediate past president and current member of the board of directors for the Asian-American Chambers of Commerce of Tampa Bay
- President of the Asian-American Chambers of Commerce of Tampa Bay Foundation, Inc.
- Board of directors for STAR Technology Enterprise Center
- Board of directors, Tampa Crossroads, Inc.