Director, MBA/EMBA Programs
Room: BSN 103
Phone: (813) 974-3335
Irene Hurst is the director of the MBA and Executive MBA programs in the Muma College of Business. She previously served for more than 11 years as the director of USF's Small Business Development Center.
A former small business columnist for the Maddux Report, Hurst started the Women Executive Forum more than ten years ago, an organization that gives female business owners the opportunity to lend support to one another. In 2006, she was named the Indo‐US Chamber of Commerce of Tampa Bay's "Business Woman of the Year," and in 1997, she was awarded the "Woman of Distinction" award by Soroptimist International of the Americas.
Hurst earned an MBA at USF and has a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Indonesia. Hurst serves on the Small Business of The Year committee for the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce and on the board of directors for several other organizations. Additionally, she is an past president and current member of the board of directors for the Asian-American Chambers of Commerce of Tampa Bay and the current president of its foundation.
- Treasurer and Director for the Minority Enterprise Development Corporation of Tampa Bay
- Past president and current member of the board of directors for the Asian-American Chambers of Commerce of Tampa Bay
- President of the Asian-American Chambers of Commerce of Tampa Bay Foundation, Inc.
- Board of directors for STAR Technology Enterprise Center
- Board of directors, Tampa Crossroads, Inc.