Jerry Koehler is a management professor who has been with the University of South Florida since 1976. He has served USF as assistant to the president, dean of extended studies, and chair of the Department of Management.
Koehler has authored or coauthored twelve books as well as numerous articles and professional papers. His research interests include perceived organizational hypocrisy, executive leadership, organization change, organization design, quality management and innovation.
Before joining USF, Koehler served as assistant to the CEO of Teacher's Management Investment Corporation, sales representative for American Express Investment Management Company, and director of the University of California, Irvine Executive Program. He has also served as a consultant to leading national and international companies and governmental organizations, including Honeywell Space Systems, and Florida's Departments of Revenue, Labor, and the Office of the Governor. From 1992 to 1995, he served as deputy secretary of Florida's Department of Labor and Employment Security. He holds a doctorate in communication from The Pennsylvania State University.
In 1998, he received the "Florida's Finest" award from then-Governor Lawton Chiles. He has been honored by the Hillsborough County Commission for chairing the Blue Ribbon Committee on Hillsborough County Finances, was voted by Executive MBA students as the best teacher in management and the college, and has been the recipient of the USF Muma College of Business Community Service Award. Koehler has taught courses and has lectured to audiences throughout the world and has traveled to more than 60 countries.
- MAN 6930 - Leadership Concepts
- MAN 6930 - Executive Leadership
- Philippe, T.W., Koehler, J.W. and Prerira, K.N., 2011. Effects of Job Location on Intention to leave. Journal of International Management Studies.
- Koehler, J.W. and Philippe, T.W., 2011. "Rational Deception in the Workplace." Global Business Development Institute International Conference, Las Vegas, March (competitive).
- Pereira, K.N., Philippe, T.W. and Koehler, J.W., 2010. Effects of Job Location on Job Satisfaction. International Journal of Business Research. 10(3): 177-181.