Sean Lux is an assistant professor teaching graduate-level courses in entrepreneurship at the USF Center for Entrepreneurship. Lux currently teaches New Venture Formation and Business Planning, and Strategies in Technology Entrepreneurship to MS in Entrepreneurship and Applied Technology and MBA students.
Lux's research examines how individual actors gain competitive advantage through shaping their environment as well as how governments can optimize entrepreneurial activity through policy. His work has been published in the Journal of Management, Business & Society, Business Horizons, and Academy of Management Conference Best Paper Proceedings.
He has a PhD in Management from Florida State University where he taught Business Strategy and Policy and Contemporary Leadership. He earned an MBA from USF and a BS in Civil Engineering from Norwich University. Sean served as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Army in Airborne, Field Artillery, and Light Infantry units. He has also held numerous positions in companies ranging from high tech entrepreneurial startups to the Fortune 500 gaining experience in marketing, operations, audit, general management, and business development.
- ENT 6016/EIN 6934 – New Venture Formation
- ENT 6116/EIN 6324 – Business Planning
- Lux, S, (In press). Strategic Fit to Political Factors and Subsequent Performance: Evidence from the U.S. Coal Industry 1986-2000. Business & Society.
- Lux, S. Crook, T.R. & Leap, T. (2012). Political Activity: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Business Horizons, 55: 307-312.
- Lux, S., Crook, T.R. & Woeher, D.J. (2011). Mixing Business with Politics: A Meta-Analytic Review of the Antecedents and Outcomes of Corporate Political Activities. Journal of Management, 37: 223-247.
- Baron, R.A., Lux, S., Adams, G., Lamont, B. (2011). Organizational Politics in Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship. In The Handbook of Organizational Politics. Edited by G.R. Ferris & D. Treadway.
- Trustee, Studio @ 620
- Co-chair, Data Research and Realities Subcommittee of a baseball community
- Instructor, Greater Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Tampa Program
- Entrepreneurship Discipline Coordinator, Florida Department of Education
- Member, Academy of Management; Strategic Management Society; Southern Management Association; and United States Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship