Sattar Mansi is a professor of finance. He is recognized as an outstanding teacher and has conducted several corporate seminars and workshops for professional managers and corporate executives.
His areas of research interest include corporate finance, governance, fixed income securities, and mutual funds. His research has appeared in the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting and Economics, The Accounting Review, Journal of Law and Economics, and Journal of Marketing Research, among others.
Mansi received a PhD in business from The George Washington University and an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from the University of Wisconsin. He has more than 20 years of research and private sector experience. His private sector experience includes working with Freddie Mac in the areas of risk management and securitization, and Unisys Corporation as a product engineer. He has held faculty positions at Virginia Tech, University of Arizona, Texas Tech University, and University of California-Riverside. He is a member of the American Finance Association, Western Finance Association, and Financial Management Association.
- FIN 3403 - Principles of Finance
- FIN 6406 - Financial Management
- "Are short sellers informed? Evidence from the bond market," with A. Kecskés and A. Zhang, The Accounting Review 88, March 2013, 611-639.
- "Internal governance mechanisms and operational performance: Evidence from index mutual funds," with J. Adams and T. Nishikawa, Review of Financial Studies 23, March 2010, 1261-1286.
- "Creditor protection laws and the cost of debt," W. Maxwell and J. Wald, Journal of Law & Economics 52, November 2009, 701-726.
- "Corporate governance and firm cash holdings," with J. Harford and W. Maxwell, Journal of Financial Economics 87, March 2008, 535-555. (Lead Article)
- "Does corporate governance matter to bondholders?" with M. Klock and W. Maxwell, Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis 40, December 2005, 639-719 (Lead Article).
- Editorial review board, Journal of International Business Studies, 2012-present.
- Associate editor, Journal of Financial Research, 2012-present.
- Co-editor on a special issue on ownership structure and corporate decision-making. Journal of Economic and Business 59, September/October 2007.
- Associate editor, Journal of Business Research, (2004-2006)
- Associate editor, Journal of Bond Trading and Management, (2002-2005)