Michael Mondello teaches Sport Business Analytics and Sport & Entertainment Finance.
His research interests include stadium financing, contingent valuation method (CVM), employee compensation, analytics, and ticket pricing. He has published in the leading journals in the field including the Journal of Sport Management, Management Decision, International Journal of Sport Finance, and Sport Management Review. He was recognized as a North American Society for Sport Management research fellow in 2007.
Mondello comes to USF as an associate professor in the Management Department after spending 12 years on the faculty at Florida State University where he served as professor in the Department of Sport Management. Prior to FSU, Mondello also served on the faculty at the University of Florida. He holds PhD and master's degrees from the University of Florida and a BS from the University of South Florida.
- SPB 6706 – Sport Business Analytics
- SPB 6116 – Sport & Entertainment Finance
- Kellison, T. & Mondello, M. (2014). Civic paternalism in political policymaking:The public justification for no-vote stadium. Journal of Sport Management, (28), 162-175.
- Hong, S., Mondello, M., & Coates, D. (2013). An Examination of the Effects of the Recent Economic Crisis on Major League Baseball (MLB) Attendance Demand. International Journal of Sport Finance
- Kellison, T. & Mondello, M. (2012). Organisational Perception Management in Sport: The Use of Corporate Pro-Environmental Behaviour for Desired Facility Referenda Outcomes. Sport Management Review, 15 (4), 500-512.
- Editorial Board International Journal of Sport Finance, International Journal of Sport Management.