Michael Mondello teaches Sport Business Analytics and Sport & Entertainment Finance.
His research interests include stadium financing, contingent valuation method (CVM), employee compensation, analytics, and ticket pricing. He has published in the leading journals in the field including the Journal of Sport Management, Management Decision, International Journal of Sport Finance, and Sport Management Review. He was recognized as a North American Society for Sport Management research fellow in 2007.
Mondello comes to USF as an professor in the Marketing Department after spending 12 years on the faculty at Florida State University where he served as professor in the Department of Sport Management. Prior to FSU, Mondello also served on the faculty at the University of Florida. He holds PhD and master's degrees from the University of Florida and a BS from the University of South Florida.
- SPB 6706 – Sport Business Analytics
- SPB 6116 – Sport & Entertainment Finance
- Mondello, M., Mills, B., & Tainsky, S. (In Press). Competition in Shared Markets and National Football League Viewership. Journal of Sport Management.
- Huberty, L., Kellison, T. & Mondello, M. (2016). Fan Mobilization and the Minnesota Sport Stadium Campaign. International Journal of Sport Communication. (9), 191-208.
- Rishe, P., Sanders, M., Reese, J., Mondello, M. (2016). A Heterogeneous Analysis of Secondary Market Transactions for College Football Bowl Games. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 25, (2), 115-127.
- Mills, B., Mondello, M., & Tainsky, S. (2016). Competition in Shared Markets and Major League Baseball Broadcast Viewership. Applied Economics, 48, (32), 3020-3022.
- Editorial Board International Journal of Sport Finance, International Journal of Sport Management.