Matthew T. Mullarkey is the director of the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program for the University of South Florida's Muma College of Business and an instructor in the Information Systems and Decision Sciences (ISDS) Department.
He is a 2016 recipient of the NSF I-Corps National Grant, serves on the USF I-Corps site committee and is a USF I-Corps site instructor. He works to integrate his business experience with the needs of the students, faculty and administration of the Muma College of Business in ways that contribute to student education and preparation for jobs, increases partnering with the Tampa Bay business community and informs research with impact.
An Airborne Ranger-qualified veteran of the U.S. Army, Mullarkey has more than 25 years experience as a president, chief executive officer, chief operating officer and senior vice president in Fortune 1000 and in startup companies in the automotive, applied materials and medical device industries. He was a corporate officer at two NYSE listed companies, a board member of three private equity controlled companies, executive-in-residence for a healthcare private equity firm, board chair for the nationally affiliated Urban League of Lorain County non-profit and founded two startup companies
His service includes active engagement as an instructor, coach and mentor with startup companies involved with USF Connect, Tampa Bay WAvE, Florida-Israel Business Accelerator and the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Startup Scholars. He serves as a board member with the Tampa Bay Technology Forum, the West Point Society Florida West Coast and a member of the CEO Council of Tampa Bay.
He received a PhD in business administration with a concentration in information systems from USF, an MBA from the University of South Carolina, an master's degree in systems management from the University of Southern California and a bachelor's degree in engineering from the U.S. Military Academy (West Point).
- GEB 6930 Case Method Publication
- GEB 6457 Research Methods in Sustainability & Ethics
- GEB 6930 Qualitative Research Methods
- MAR7931 Selected Topics Research Article Publication
- ISM 6021 Management Information Systems
- ISM 4300 Management Information Systems
- ISM 3113 Systems Analysis and Design
- Gill TG, Mullarkey MT, Mohr J, Limayem M (2016) "Building an Informing Business School: A Case Study of USF's Muma College of Business," Informing Science: The International Journal of an Emerging Transdiscipline, 19, pp 1-73.
- Mullarkey MT, Hevner AR (2015) "Entering Action Design Research, New Horizons in Design Science: Broadening the Research Agenda," Springer International Publishing, pp. 121-134.
- Gill, TG, & Mullarkey, MT (2015) "The Interdisciplinary Business Doctorate for Executives: A Novel Way to Bridge Academic Research and Practice." Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Vol 13, No 6, pp. 116-121.
- Gill, TG, & Mullarkey, MT (2015). "Taking a Case Method Capstone Course Online: A Comparative Case Study. Journal of IT Education: Research, Vol 14, pp. 189-218.
- Mullarkey MT, Lund J, Gill G (2014) "To Grow or Not to Grow, That is SloPro," Journal of Information Technology Education, Vol 3, No 6, pp 1-25.
- Gill G, Mullarkey MT (2014) "Taking ISM4300 Online," Informing Faculty, Vol 2, No 5, pp 1-25.
Recent Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Mullarkey, MT, & Hevner, AR (2016) "The Creative Process in Design Science Research: Identifying Patterns of Creativity," Proceedings of SIGPRAG Workshop, pre-ICIS 2016.
- Mullarkey MT, Hevner AR (2014) "Finding Multiple Entry Points for ADR," Proceedings of SIGBPS Workshop, pre-ICIS 2014.
- Mullarkey MT (2014) "A New IS Research Stream for Digitally Embedded Social Networks: Inter-organizational Social Network Information Systems (IO SNIS)," Proceedings of Design Science Research in Information Systems (DESRITS 2014) Doctoral Consortium, Miami, FL.
- Mullarkey MT, Hevner AR, Collins RW (2013) "Inter-Organizational Social Networks: An Action Design Research Study," Proceedings of SIGPRAG Workshop, pre-ICIS 2013.
- Mullarkey, MT (2012) "Socially Immature Organizations: A Typology of Social Networking Systems with Organizations as Users," Proceedings of CSCW'12, © ACM 2012.
- Director, USF Muma College of Business, Doctor of Business Administration degree program.
- Editor-in-Chief: Muma Case Review, A publication of the USF Muma College of Business
- USF I-Corps Site Fellow & Instructor
- Editor: Journal of IT Education: Discussion Cases, A publication of the Informing Science Institute
- Reviewer: Design Science Research in Information Systems Conference (2015, 2016)
- Reviewer: European Conference on Information Systems (2015)
- Reviewer: AIS SIGPRAG Pre-ICIS Workshop (2015)
- Reviewer: Transactions on Management Information Systems (2013, 2014)
- Reviewer: International Conference on Information Systems (2014)