Uday S. Murthy is the Quinn Eminent Scholar in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy and is currently serving as the Director. He has received several research awards, including the Muma College of Business "Outstanding Research Achievement Award" in 2004 and 2010 and the Grant Thornton USF Faculty Research Award for 2005 and 2006. Murthy teaches a graduate course in accounting information systems and PhD seminars in research methods and accounting information systems.
Murthy's studies data modeling and design methodologies for accounting systems, auditing computer-based systems, expert systems, and group support systems in accounting. His research has been published or accepted for publication in scholarly journals such as The Accounting Review, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Information Systems, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Decision Support Systems, Information & Management, and International Journal of Auditing.
He earned a PhD from Indiana University and MBA from Drexel University. Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in India, he worked at Price Waterhouse in Mumbai, India. He has served as coeditor of the Journal of Information Systems, the leading academic journal for accounting information systems research.
- ACG 4901 - Independent Study
- ACG 6915 - Directed Research
- ACG 7936 - AIS Seminar
- ACG 7980 - Dissertation in Accounting
- Farkas, M., and U. Murthy. (2014) Nonprofessional investors' perceptions of the incremental value of continuous auditing and continuous controls monitoring: An experimental investigation. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 15(2), 102-121.
- Kerr, D.S. and U. S. Murthy. (2013) "The Importance of the COBIT Framework IT Processes For Effective Internal Control over the Reliability of Financial Reporting in Organizations: An International Survey." Information & Management, 50: 590-597.
- Smith, A.L., U. S. Murthy, and T.E. Engle. (2012) "Why Computer-Mediated Communication Improves Fraud Brainstorming Effectiveness," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 13(4): 334–356.
- Perols, J. L. and U.S. Murthy. (2012) "Information Fusion in Continuous Assurance." Journal of Information Systems: Fall 2012, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 35-52.
- Member, Muma College of Business Dean Search Committee, 2011-12
- Member, Muma College of Business Associate Dean Search Committee, 2012-13
- Member, Muma College of Business Research & Scholarship Committee, 2003-2011
- Member of the editorial board, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems
- Member of the editorial board, Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting
- President, Information Systems Section, American Accounting Association, 2011-12