Uday S. Murthy is the Quinn Eminent Scholar in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy and is currently serving as the Director. He has received several research awards, including the Muma College of Business "Outstanding Research Achievement Award" in 2004 and 2010 and the Grant Thornton USF Faculty Research Award for 2005 and 2006. Murthy teaches graduate courses in accounting information systems and PhD seminars in research methods and accounting information systems.
Murthy's studies data modeling and design methodologies for accounting systems, auditing computer-based systems, expert systems, and group support systems in accounting. His research has been published or accepted for publication in scholarly journals such as The Accounting Review, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Information Systems, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Decision Support Systems, Information & Management, and International Journal of Auditing.
He earned a PhD from Indiana University and MBA from Drexel University. Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in India, he worked at Price Waterhouse in Mumbai, India. He has served as coeditor of the Journal of Information Systems, the leading academic journal for accounting information systems research.
- ACG 4970 - Accounting Honors Thesis
- ACG 5841 - Analytics in Accounting
- ACG 6405 - Advanced AIS
- ACG 6915 - Directed Research
- ACG 7936 - AIS Seminar
- ACG 7980 - Dissertation in Accounting
- Murthy, U.S. and Wheeler, P. "The Effects of Decision-Aid Design on Auditor Performance in Internal Control Evaluation Tasks." Journal of Information System, In-Press.
- Murthy, U.S. and G.L. Geerts. "An REA Ontology Based Model for Representing Big Data, Analytics, and Information Integrity Issues." Journal of Information Systems, In-Press
- Tadesse, A.F. and Murthy, U.S. "Nonprofessional Investor Perceptions of the Disclosure and Partial Remediation of IT and non-IT Control Weaknesses: An Experimental Investigation." Presented at the International Symposium on Accounting Information Systems, Valencia, Spain, May 8-9, 2017; conditionally accepted for publication in International Journal of Accounting Information Systems.
- Murthy, U.S. (2016), "Researching at the intersection of accounting and information technology: A call to action." Journal of Information Systems, 30(2).
- Kelton, A.S., and Murthy, U.S. (2016), "The Effects of Information Disaggregation and Financial Statement Interactivity on Judgments and Decisions of Nonprofessional Investors." Journal of Information Systems, 30(2).
- Member, Muma College of Business Associate Dean Search Committee, 2012-13
- Member, Muma College of Business Dean Search Committee, 2011-12
- President, Information Systems Section, American Accounting Association, 2011-12
- Member, Muma College of Business Research & Scholarship Committee, 2003-2011
- Member of the editorial board, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems
- Member of the editorial board, Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting