Professor Richard Plank teaches marketing management and personal selling as well as other courses when assigned. He has also taught supply chain management, supply management, sales management and business marketing extensively.
His research interests are in the area of buyer-seller interactions in business markets. He focuses on performance of organizational buyers and sellers as well as strategic approaches to supply chain management. He has one book, 70 journal articles, and over 80 meetings papers. This work has resulted in over 2,300 cites by colleagues in peer reviewed journals. He has extensive consulting experience, primarily with medium technology and engineered product-based organizations.
Plank earned a BS in Marketing from St. Peters College, an MBA from Seton Hall University, and a PhD in Marketing from the City University of New York. Prior to starting his academic year he spent over nine years in industry, primarily with engineered products organizations. He serves on several editorial boards and is currently secretary for the Central Florida Institute of Supply Management.
- International Marketing
- Sales and Marketing Research
- R.E. Plank 2014, "Comparing the Two Newest Models of Sales Performance: Silent Edge and Corporate Executive Board, The Journal of Selling, 14,1 pp. 55-62.
- R.E. Plank and R. Hooker 2014, "Sales and Operations Planning: Using the Internet and Internet Based Tools to Further Supply Chain Integration" Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 8,1 pp. 18-36.
- B. Lambert, R.E. Plank, D.A. Reid, and D. Fleming 2014, "A Competency Model for Entry Level Business-to-Business Services Salespeople', Services Marketing Quarterly, 35, pp.1-19.
- J.S. Keebler, and R.E. Plank 2009, "Logistics Performance Measurement in the Supply Chain: A Benchmark," Benchmarking: An International Journal, 16, 6 pp. 785-798.
- Ferrin, B., and R.E. Plank, 2002, "Total Cost of Ownership Models: An Exploratory Study," Journal of Supply Chain Management, 38, 3 pp. 18-29.
- Reid, David. A., and R.E. Plank 2000, "Business Marketing: A Twenty Year Review", Journal of Business-to-Business Marketing, 7, 2-3 pp. 9-181.
- Plank, R.E., and D.A. Reid, 1994 "The Mediating Role of Sales Behaviors: An Alternate Perspective of Sales Performance and Effectiveness," Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 14, Summer pp. 43-56.