Jackie Reck is the associate dean for the Muma College of Business and the James E. Rooks Distinguished Professor in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy. She teaches graduate-level courses such as government-nonprofit accounting.
Reck researches government accounting/auditing, accounting information systems, and the reporting and use of non-financial information. Contemporary Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Journal of Information Systems, Research in Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting, and the Journal of Business Ethics are some of the journals in which her research has been published. In addition to research, she is also a frequent presenter at academic and practitioner conferences.
She earned a PhD in accountancy from the University of Missouri-Columbia, and MAcc and BS degrees from USF. She also earned a BS in education and dietetics from North Dakota State University. A Certified Public Accountant, Reck is a member of the American Accounting Association, American Institute of CPAs, Association of Government Accountants, Government Finance Officers Association, and Beta Gamma Sigma. Her professional service includes dissertation and committee work and participation on several editorial boards.
- ACG 5505 - Government/Non-Profit Accounting
Primary areas of research interest are related to government accounting and accounting information systems.
- Reck, J. L. and S.L. Lowensohn. 2015. Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities, 17th edition. Chicago: McGrawHill/Irwin.
- Johnson, L. E., S. Lowensohn, J. Reck, and S. P. Davies, 2012. "The Association between Auditors' Management Letters and Financial Reporting Quality: An Empirical Study." Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Volume 31, Issue 6, pp. 575-592.
- Reck, J. L., S.L. Lowensohn, and E. R. Wilson. 2012. Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities, 16th edition. Chicago: McGrawHill/Irwin.
- Appointed to serve on the Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council
- ad hoc reviewer for several accounting journals.
- Member of the GASB Task Force on the Financial Reporting Model