Ronald Rutherford, a professor in the Finance Department, holds the Bank of America Endowed Professorship in the Muma College of Business. His teaching interests include real estate finance, corporate finance, capital budgeting/valuation, real estate principles, real estate investments, and financial modeling.
Rutherford, who was ranked as the 22nd leading real estate researcher in the world by the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, has published more than 40 research articles during his career. His research productivity also ranked #6 among the top 50 authors publishing in core real estate, according to the Journal of Real Estate Literature. He has published in the Journal of Financial Economics, Real Estate Economics, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, and Journal of Real Estate Research, among others.
Rutherford holds five degrees: a PhD in real estate and an MBA from the University of Georgia, a master's degree in philosophy from the University of Arizona, and a master's in psychology and bachelor's in philosophy from Valdosta State College. He previously held the E.J. Burke, Jr. Endowed Chair at the University of Texas, San Antonio and has taught at the University of Texas, Arlington and Georgia Southern University.
- Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Decisions
- "Foreclosure, quality and spillover in residential markets," Rutherford, Ronald C.; Chen, Jun, International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, Vol. 5, No. 1, 53-70, Winter 2012.
- "Discount Brokerage in Residential Real Estate Markets," Rutherford, Ronald C.; Yavas, Abdullah, Real Estate Economics, Vol. 40, No. 3, 508-535, Fall 2012.
- "The Effects of Estate Sales of Residential Real Estate on Price and Marketing Time," Rutherford, Ronald C.; Allen, Marcus T.; and Benefield, Justin D., Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Vol. 45, No. 4, 9650981, November 2012.
- "Quality and Time on the Market, an Empirical Test of Taylor's Theory," Rutherford, Ronald C.; Chen, Jun, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Vol. 44, No. 3, 414-428, April 2012.
- Member, Financial Management Association
- Member, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association
- Member, American Real Estate Society
- Member, Southwestern Finance Association