Ron Satterfield is an instructor in the Information Systems Decision Sciences Department of the Muma College of Business, teaching courses in operations management, supply chain, statistics, and process improvement.
He teaches students in the undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA, and MS in Information Systems programs. Additionally, he is also responsible for a course in healthcare business processes in the MS in Health Informatics program at the Morsani College of Medicine. Satterfield teaches live-instruction, online, and blended model courses to varied audiences of full-time students and working professionals. He is also a frequent lecturer and presenter at academic conferences and has authored teaching materials in his areas of interest. His research interests include process improvement, analytical tools for workplace safety, and facility location.
Satterfield holds a PhD in Operations Management from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and an MBA and BA in operations management from Eastern Illinois University. He joined USF in 1993 after several years of university-level teaching experience. His consulting background includes organizations with supply chain and analytics problems in varied industries including healthcare delivery, municipal and financial services, industrial and consumer products, and retail grocery. His professional service includes being a board member and a member of the IT Committee of the USF Federal Credit Union, a $500 million financial institution serving 47,000 members of the USF Community as well as employees nationwide of Darden Restaurants and Red Lobster Restaurants. Satterfield has been profiled by Florida Trend magazine as among the best MBA professors in Florida. He is active in several industry associations.
- QMB-2100 Statistics for Business and Economics I
- ISM-3431 Operations and Supply Chain Processes
- QMB-6603 Operations Management and Quality Enhancement (MBA and EMBA Programs)
- QMB-6305 Managerial Decision Analysis
- ISM-6436 Operations and Supply Chain Processes
- GEB-6527 Lean Six Sigma (MBA and EMBA Programs)
- HIM-6350 E-Medicine Business Models
- Board Member, USF Federal Credit Union
- IT Committee Member, USF Federal Credit Union
- Past Chair, Supervisory Committee, USF Federal Credit Union
- Provided instruction in Process Improvement to physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Provide corporate and governmental organizations with training in Lean, Six Sigma, Process Improvement, and general analytics
- Member, ASQ (American Society for Quality)