Ron Satterfield is an instructor in the Information Systems Decision Sciences Department of the Muma College of Business, teaching courses in operations management, supply chain, statistics, and process improvement.
He teaches students in the undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA, MS in Business Analytics and Information Systems, and Doctorate of Business Administration programs. Additionally, he is also teaches process improvement in healthcare in the MS in Health Informatics program at the Morsani College of Medicine. Satterfield uses live-instruction, online, and blended model methods, serving both full-time students and working professionals. He also teaches in specialized certificate programs in business analytics offered to corporate interests by the Muma College of Business. His research focuses on process improvement, analytical tools for workplace safety, and facility location. Satterfield has been profiled by Florida Trend magazine as being among the best MBA professors in Florida.
Satterfield holds a PhD in Operations Management from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and an MBA and BA in operations management from Eastern Illinois University. He joined USF in 1993 after several years of university-level teaching experience. His consulting background includes supply chain and analytics problems in a range of industries including healthcare delivery, municipal and financial services, industrial and consumer products, and retail grocery. Satterfield is also a board member and a member of the IT Committee for the USF Federal Credit Union. The USF Federal Credit Union is a $550 million financial institution serving more than 50,000 members of the USF community as well as employees nationwide of Darden Restaurants and Red Lobster Restaurants. Satterfield is also active in several industry associations.
- QMB-2100 Statistics for Business and Economics I
- ISM-3431 Operations and Supply Chain Processes
- QMB-6603 Operations Management and Quality Enhancement (MBA and EMBA Programs)
- QMB-6305 Managerial Decision Analysis
- ISM-6436 Operations and Supply Chain Processes
- GEB-6527 Lean Six Sigma (MBA and EMBA Programs)
- HIM-6350 E-Medicine Business Models
- Board Member, USF Federal Credit Union
- IT Committee Member, USF Federal Credit Union
- Past Chair, Supervisory Committee, USF Federal Credit Union
- Provided instruction in Process Improvement to physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Provide corporate and governmental organizations with training in Lean, Six Sigma, Process Improvement, and general analytics
- Member, ASQ (American Society for Quality)