Shivendu Shivendu is an associate professor of Information Systems and PhD program coordinator in the Information Systems and Decision Sciences department. He has created and taught undergraduate, MBA/MS and doctoral courses in areas related to economics of information systems, blockchain technology, FinTech, IT strategy and the design of information systems. He is also the principal investigator on the prestigious White House initiated Federal TechHire grant of $600,000. He is the co-organizer of the "2018 State of the Region" conference held Tampa.
Shivendu's research focuses on the emerging business and policy issues at the intersection of technology, economics and public policy. He employs analytical, empirical and experimental methods to study technology mediated business models, economics of digitization of information, pricing of digital goods including content pricing in dual mediums, sourcing of IT services, security and privacy in big data, business challenges of cloud adoption, health IT and technology policy. His work has been published in information systems journals including Management Science, Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems, and Information Technology Management. His research papers have won many best-paper awards in conferences.
He received a bachelor's degree in tech in electrical engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur; an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad; and an MA and doctorate in economics from University of Southern California, Los Angeles. His professional services include working as a member of organizing committees and serving as associate editor and program committee member of several academic conferences. Before moving to academics, Shivendu was a member of the Indian Administrative Service.
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Blockchain Technology and FinTech
- Choudhary, V., and Shivendu, S., "Targeted Couponing in Online Auctions," Information Systems Research, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 490-510, September 2017.
- Shivendu, S., and Zhang, J., "Versioning in Software Industry: Heterogeneous Disutility from Under-Provisioning of Functionality," Information Systems Research, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 731-753, December 2015.
- Chellappa, R.K., and Shivendu, S., "Incentive Design for "Free" but "No Free Disposal" Services: The Case of Personalization under Privacy Concerns," Management Science, Vol. 56, No. 10, pp. 1766-1780, October 2010.
- Chellappa, R.K., and Shivendu, S., "Managing Piracy: Pricing and Sampling Strategies for Digital Experience Goods in Vertically Segmented Markets," Information Systems Research, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 400–417, December 2005.
Shivendu's professional service includes work on the organizing committee of CIST-INFORMS 2015, TEIS-2016 and on the program committees of several academic conferences.