Terry L. Sincich is an associate professor in the Information Systems Decision Sciences Department. He teaches introductory statistics at the undergraduate level and advanced statistics courses at the doctoral level. He has won numerous teaching awards, including the Kahn Teaching Award and Outstanding Teacher Award, recognizing excellence as an educator.
Sincich's areas of research interest include applied statistical analysis and statistical modeling. He has co-authored statistics textbooks, book chapters, and research papers in top-rated journals in a variety of disciplines, including the Journal of the American Statistical Association, Academy of Management Journal, Auditing: A Journal of Theory & Practice, Research on Accounting Ethics, Demography, and International Journal of Forecasting. He has presented his work numerous times at academic conferences.
Sincich received a BS degree in mathematics and MS and PhD in statistics from the University of Florida, where he also taught for several years before joining USF in 1988. He is a member of the American Statistical Association and the Decision Sciences Institute.
- QMB 3200 - Statistics II
- QMB 6375 - Applied Linear Statistical Models
- QMB 7565 - Applied Multivariate Statistical Methods
- "Career Related Benefits and Turnover Intentions in Public Accounting Firms: The Roles of Career Growth Opportunities, Trust in Superiors, and Organizational Commitment" (with R. Parker and J.M. Kohlmeyer). Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research, Vol. 20, 2017.
- "RFID Technology: A Retrospective Look at Firm Adoption with a View Towards the Future" (with J. Stock, D. Edmonson, J. Espinosa, and R. Riggle). International Journal of Value Chain Management, Vol. 7, No. 4, 2016.
- "The Relationship Between User Preferences and IR Performance: Experimental Use of Behavioral Scales for Global Alignment in IR Projects" (with H. Hyman and R. Will). IMPACT: International Journal of Research in Engineering & Technology, Vol. 4, 2016.
- "A Process Model for Information Retrieval Context Learning and Knowledge Discovery" (with H. Hyman, R. Will, M. Agrawal, B. Padmanabhan and W. Fridy). Artificial Intelligence and Law, Vol. 23, 2015.
- "Online Accounting Degrees: Hiring Perceptions of Accounting Professionals" (with J.M. Kohlmeyer and L. P. Seese). Advances in Accounting Education, Vol. 17, 2015.
- Member of numerous doctoral dissertation committees for business PhD students
- SDS department: Outcome Assessments Committee (chair), Doctoral Program Committee
- USF Muma College of Business: Faculty Executive Committee, Outcome Assessments Committee
- University (previous): General Education Council