Terry L. Sincich is an associate professor in the Information Systems Decision Sciences Department. He teaches introductory statistics at the undergraduate level and advanced statistics courses at the doctoral level. He has won numerous teaching awards, including the Kahn Teaching Award and Outstanding Teacher Award, recognizing excellence as an educator.
Sincich's areas of research interest include applied statistical analysis and statistical modeling. He has co-authored statistics textbooks, book chapters, and research papers in top-rated journals in a variety of disciplines, including the Journal of the American Statistical Association, Academy of Management Journal, Auditing: A Journal of Theory & Practice, Research on Accounting Ethics, Demography, and International Journal of Forecasting. He has presented his work numerous times at academic conferences.
Sincich received a BS degree in mathematics and MS and PhD in statistics from the University of Florida, where he also taught for several years before joining USF in 1988. He is a member of the American Statistical Association and the Decision Sciences Institute.
- QMB 3200 - Statistics II
- QMB 6375 - Applied Linear Statistical Models
- QMB 7565 - Applied Multivariate Statistical Methods
- "Online versus Traditional Accounting Degrees: Perceptions of Public Accounting Professionals" (with J.M. Kohlmeyer and L. P. Seese). Advances in Accounting Education: Teaching and Curriculum Innovations, Vol. 12, 2011.
- "Illusions of Significance in a Rugged Landscape" (with T. G. Gill). Informing Science: the International Journal of an Emerging Transdiscipline, Vol. 31, 2008.
- "Why Physicians Use or Do Not Use Ethics Consultation" (with J. Orlowsky, S. Hein, J. Christenson and R. Meinke). Journal of Medical Ethics, Vol. 32, 2006.
- Member of numerous doctoral dissertation committees for business PhD students
- SDS department: Outcome Assessments Committee (chair), Doctoral Program Committee
- College of Business: Faculty Executive Committee, Outcome Assessments Committee
- University (previous): General Education Council